shape
carat
color
clarity

Timeline for Custom?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

haunani

Rough_Rock
I was just wondering when I should start talking to a jeweler for having a custom ring made... well, two rings actually. I pretty much know what design I want, so that part should be easy. Just need suggestions on when to start in order to have the rings in hand around Christmas time (exchanging them on New Year''s Eve)

Thanks!!
9.gif

Tali

Rough_Rock
You probably will get your best answer by asking the jeweler who is going to make the ring. Just a thought. My recommendation, tell them you need it about a month before you actually do, just to give some cushion. We told the jeweler we needed my wedding band by x date. Well, we got it 3 days before the wedding. I would have liked more of a cushion. Luckily, we had a fall back plan, so it wasn't too stressful, but heck, what a royal PITA if we hadn't!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
God advice Tali:
I would suggest giving yourself no matter what jeweler you decide to go with a month. Depending on the design and detail and how booked a particular jeweler might be also becomes involved in the equation and could be anywhere from 4-6 weeks..

I am currently having a custom ring made and didn't really realize how much work is put into it from the waxes to the casting to the setting of the stones and the polishing and overall appearance if things aren't perfect most all folks who do exceptional custom work will have to start all ofer again with that particular piece.

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, ALaska
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results