shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany's Setting: Anyone Have This Setting?

Sparkle524

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking about having this setting made once I found my diamond but I'm not 100% on it. It's either that or go with a basic solitaire setting with an eternity band. I have a diamond bracelet that I no longer wear so I would use the diamonds from that to make the eternity band. If anyone has this setting could you post a pic of it on your finger?

a.JPG

b.JPG

c.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love the BG one and Vatche also makes one:

http://dvatche.com/index.php?page=collection&catID=2,9&id=100

I would suggest having your bracelet stones examined before considering using them for an eternity ring because sometimes bracelet stones will not be a high a quality as you would want in a ring unless the bracelet was a high end one.

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
I have a version of that ring (not Tiffany).

Differences: Mine is yellow gold, 0.23 ct pears (if I remember correctly), set with an EC (~5mm wide).

Finger size: 6

Hopefully it gives you some idea of finger coverage, even with the differences.

Handshot1.jpg

Sparkle524

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy and Diamondseeker2006 both settings are pretty. I do agree they look better than the Tiffany's setting. To me they look more substantial and Tiffany's setting is a little flimsier looking. When I inquired about having Whiteflash make the setting for me they suggested that if I go with a 2.5 carat then the side pears should be .5 carats. Do you think that would look nice? I've never shopped for pears before so I have to idea how they face up at .5 carats. Also do suggest that I just purchase either the Vatche or BGD setting or should I have them make it? For the .5 carat pears if I go with that G VS2 2.5 diamond will run be about $4600 in platinum. Is that a good price?

Lotus99 - Love your setting with the EC. I'm also a size 6! Wish my ring size corresponded with my clothing size though :lol:

Sparkle524

Shiny_Rock
Lotus99|1330545397|3137536 said:

OMG! I love that setting even more!! The double prongs really bring the setting to life. Thank you Lotus99. Hmm now I'm wondering if I should go bigger and lower in clarity because I seriously doubt my husband will go for a bigger diamond at the same clarity with a much bigger price tag! :naughty:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The BGD one is nice, but I think the pears are too small. You only get 2 x .20s. I wish they offered a variety of carat weight options.

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
This might help for reference. I recently traded this in and obviously the center is a pear vs a rb. The center is 2.56 ct and the side stones are about .65 each.
photo_7.jpg
IMG_0123.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1330549610|3137603 said:
The BGD one is nice, but I think the pears are too small. You only get 2 x .20s. I wish they offered a variety of carat weight options.

BGD actually will let you customize the pears...I had mine made with smaller side stones.

IMG_0239.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkle524|1330544812|3137527 said:
Gypsy and Diamondseeker2006 both settings are pretty. I do agree they look better than the Tiffany's setting. To me they look more substantial and Tiffany's setting is a little flimsier looking. When I inquired about having Whiteflash make the setting for me they suggested that if I go with a 2.5 carat then the side pears should be .5 carats. Do you think that would look nice? I've never shopped for pears before so I have to idea how they face up at .5 carats. Also do suggest that I just purchase either the Vatche or BGD setting or should I have them make it? For the .5 carat pears if I go with that G VS2 2.5 diamond will run be about $4600 in platinum. Is that a good price?

Lotus99 - Love your setting with the EC. I'm also a size 6! Wish my ring size corresponded with my clothing size though :lol:

A member on here named Kaleigh has the real Tiffany ring and she has a 2+ct. center and I believe the sides are about .32 each (I know they are in the .3 range). I tried to find a picture of it, but couldn't. I think hers looks perfectly proportioned. If you went with 2.5 ct. center, then maybe .40's for the pears.

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
It looks like Whiteflash has also done some custom rings with various sizes of pear sidestones. On their site, do a search for "pear" and then click on the "custom." None seemed exactly the specs the OP is looking for, but it's perhaps an avenue to explore.

Sparkle524

Shiny_Rock
Everyone's ring is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Lotus99 Whiteflash was the one that quoted me $4600 for the setting in platinum with .5 pears on each side.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1330551672|3137644 said:
Laila619|1330549610|3137603 said:

BGD actually will let you customize the pears...I had mine made with smaller side stones.

IMG_0239.jpg

Hmm, interesting. I think when I checked, you can't go with bigger pears though, without getting a whole new setting. But it might not be that much more money if they just have to change the CAD a bit.

I LOVE your ring, slg!! Delicious!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results