shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany's ring + independently bought diamond?

ohowardc1929

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am just starting to do my initial research for the perfect diamond and ring. Ideally I would like to purchase for my future (hope to be) fiancee a Tiffany's or Cartier engagement ring.

My question was: does anyone know if it is possible to go into a Cartier/ Tiffany's boutique and buy an engagement ring without the centrepiece diamond, or just with a very small one and then have an independent jeweller fix on a better and cheaper diamond purchased online?

Thank you very much for all your thoughts!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, I highly doubt Tiffany/Cartier will sell you a setting separately. I am sure this topic has been discussed before.
Second, if you plan to buy a Tiffany ring with a small stone and replace with a cheap bigger stone later, think again. It may not fit.
Third, a classic Tiffany ring with the smallest diamond still costs you ~$2000 dollar. And you really want to add a cheap diamond to the setting??

This is not cost effective at all.

Nearly all online stores offer "Tiffany Style" 6 prong setting.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

No--the stores mentioned do not sell their settings separately.

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ohowardc1929|1446728103|3945972 said:
Hi,

I am just starting to do my initial research for the perfect diamond and ring. Ideally I would like to purchase for my future (hope to be) fiancee a Tiffany's or Cartier engagement ring.

My question was: does anyone know if it is possible to go into a Cartier/ Tiffany's boutique and buy an engagement ring without the centrepiece diamond, or just with a very small one and then have an independent jeweller fix on a better and cheaper diamond purchased online?

Thank you very much for all your thoughts!

A Tiffany setting with a non-Tiffany diamond is no longer an authentic Tiffany piece by Tiffany's definition... Which means you'll lose benefits like return, upgrade, authentication, and servicing options, and you'll have devalued it by removing the brand cachet, but more importantly... Doing so defeats the purpose of purchasing an authentic Tiffany (or Cartier) piece to begin with.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your concern more getting the "Tiffany name" or having a quality setting

If its quality, there are other vendors who make custom settings at the level of a tiffanys or Cartier

If its that you want the name, you have 3 options, one, buy one new, which sounds like you don't want to do. 2,buy one used, which can be difficult because you need to make sure you're not buying a replica, or three, don't do it. Now that may not sound like a solution, but what many do, including myself, is by the engagement ring elsewhere but buy the wedding band from a brand name. This is often a cheaper route to take, depending on the type of band you buy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results