shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany on line?

Cunhaam

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum and would appreciate your feedback.

I was looking at some pre loved Tiffany rings on line since a brand new Tiffany ring is out of my budget (buying it to myself!). I saw a few options online. Can you give me your opinion if these are reliable sellers that only sell 100% real pieces an can you comment on the quality/ specs of the items? And does it matter if the ring does not have the original paperwork? Thank you so much in advance.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8050-Tiffa...and=Tiffany+&+Co.&_trksid=p5411.c100167.m2940

https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-800-Tiff...362222?hash=item289ea5ddee:g:I3gAAOSw9Ttfdke~

https://www.bluechipjewelry.com/catalog/pre-loved-jewelry/2002/

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not expert enough to comment on authenticity but personally, I would not buy a Tiffany piece from ebay. There are just way too many fakes out there. Plus, you could create a very similar ring by using one of the online diamond companies. If you must have the Tiffany brand, there are reputable sellers, such as Oakgem, although I guess their prices might be higher. I’ve recommended this seller before, she often has Tiffany rings, although only one at the moment,

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Cunhaam i know nothing about Tiffiny's except we often get threads asking if a piece is real and who really knows for sure ?

I would not touch a pre-loved one with a 10 foot barge pole unless i personally knew the seller and i trusteed that they themselves got it from Tiffiny's

I think its best to save up and buy new
Or find something else within your budget to quench your desires right now

Cunhaam

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your feedback. I'm not asking for an appraisal of the items I will do that myself when and if I decide do get it. I asked for an opinion on the specs of the rings and seller's reliability since they've both been mentioned in this forum (one is a jeweler in Chicago that specializes in preloved and uses Ebay as a platform and another is online only (not eBay).

Like I said I'm new here and I already know that I can find cheaper non branded diamonds and that there are plenty of fakes out there (not trying to be rude). I really like Tiffany and that is the only thing that will quench my desire :( and I understand that some might not agree, I'm ok with that. just looking for some advice.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t know the ebay seller but maybe someone else will add their thoughts, they certainly have good feedback. Although no returns, which would bother me slightly, given the value of the items.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!
I have bought many second hand pieces from Ebay in the past few years and the key is to trust the seller so you are 100% comfortable buying something from them. Especially something as pricey as a diamond ring. I have never bought anything from either of these 2 sellers but that being said there are a lot of positives about both.
They both have great feedback and they both have return policies.
Both sellers have brick and mortar stores.
Also.. if I'm not mistaken 2 of the 3 rings you are interested are laser inscribed with the Tiffany gem ID number that matches the Tiffany certificate.
The 3rd has a Tiffany gem ID number and a GIA number. I guess the certificate was lost so they sent it to the GIA for verification.
Those are all very positive things about these 3 rings.
Ask a lot of questions.. see how they answer you.
If they can't take time to answer your questions then cross them off your list.
See if you can take a road trip (I don't know if you live anyplace close) and view the rings in person.
Find out exactly how their return policy works.
You are your best advocate.
Good luck!

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
also check the realreal and fashionphile I think this one is pretty nice and well cut:

are you looking for a certain style tho?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laser inscribed with all paperwork?- I’d be up for that!!
I hope ppl chime in on the specific ones you posted.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would absolutely buy pre-owned tiffany as long as there was paperwork and/or pics of the inscription on the diamond (if I remember correctly they inscribe their stones).

Cunhaam

Rough_Rock
I would absolutely buy pre-owned tiffany as long as there was paperwork and/or pics of the inscription on the diamond (if I remember correctly they inscribe their stones).

Thank you. The one I like the most is the one without Tiffany Papers :( but it has all the Tiffany stamps in the right place plus inscription (and Gia certificate and inscription). Would you say that looks pretty reliable?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. The one I like the most is the one without Tiffany Papers :( but it has all the Tiffany stamps in the right place plus inscription (and Gia certificate and inscription). Would you say that looks pretty reliable?

All the ones you posted have pics of inscriptions + GIA which would personally be enough for me (especially if the stamps on the inside of the ring look accurate). Worst case scinerio you are paying for a high end replica of the setting (which isn't the most expensive part of a ring anyway).

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I didn't know Tiffany sold GIA graded stones. Maybe many many years ago? I thought Tiffany did all their grading in-house.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't know Tiffany sold GIA graded stones. Maybe many many years ago? I thought Tiffany did all their grading in-house.

If I remember correctly they used to do both and then started only doing in-house grading.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I remember correctly they used to do both and then started only doing in-house grading.

I wonder what year they transitioned over to in-house grading only... Maybe some of the folks in trade might know.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, they used to sell GIA graded stones. My best guess would be like 18-20 yrs ago.

Cunhaam

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your feedback everyone. Although ring #2 is my favorite from the 3 but the seller is not responsive at all. I'm leaning towards ring 3#, seller is super responsive and the ring has Tiffany papers (a plus if later on I decide to resell I think?). My only reservation is that it's a color H diamond and I read that cushion diamonds don't mask color very well. Can I ask you for an opinion on the diamond specs? Also,I do seem to pick up a yellowish tone in the pictures, but it might be me overthinking it?
Thank you so much in advance!

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
Everyone is different about color sensitivity, but at a half carat there should be no issue with an H. I had a just over 1 carat Novo in H color and always found it very white. I upgraded to a 1.66 carat I color Novo and in some instances can tell there is a bit more tint (like in the car if I’m trying to find tint) but still love it. I later bought a nearly 2ct I color OEC and was somewhat bothered by the side tint as I suspect it was a ‘low’ I. Under a carat I would personally never worry about a stone I color or higher.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results