shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany MMD???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
My fiance''s friend gave me a ring from Tiffany''s. He told me it is a man made diamond called Diamond Dora (spelling?) I can''t find info on this any where and am wondering if any of you have heard of it? He said "its not a CZ or Moissanite, its the real thing!"

Anyone know anything???

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not an expert but I highly highly doubt Tiffany''s makes something with man-made diamonds. And FWIW true man made diamonds aren''t any cheaper than mined diamonds for white colors-so why would they bother?

Something smells very fishy.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Agreed.

I smell fish too.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 3:26:21 PM
Author:ilovesparkles
My fiance''s friend gave me a ring from Tiffany''s. He told me it is a man made diamond called Diamond Dora (spelling?) I can''t find info on this any where and am wondering if any of you have heard of it? He said ''its not a CZ or Moissanite, its the real thing!''

Anyone know anything???
Could you post a picture of it? I''m curious to see what it looks like. Maybe he meant Tiffany-style (6-prong) ring, from Diamond Aura?

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I took some pictures this morning, but don''t have time to upload, compress, and download until this afternoon. It came in a Tiffany & Co pouch, and on the inside of the ring is reads Stauer and 925. So I know its silver. It is a 3 stone basket setting with 4 prongs each and identical (as far as I can tell) to the 3stone basket settings on the Tiffany website. He has gotten me a Perreti piece (a necklace) previously, so I had reason to believe it, somewhat. But IMO, it looks like swavorski. It has that chunky sparkle effect.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 7:48:02 AM
Author: ilovesparkles
I took some pictures this morning, but don't have time to upload, compress, and download until this afternoon. It came in a Tiffany & Co pouch, and on the inside of the ring is reads Stauer and 925. So I know its silver. It is a 3 stone basket setting with 4 prongs each and identical (as far as I can tell) to the 3stone basket settings on the Tiffany website. He has gotten me a Perreti piece (a necklace) previously, so I had reason to believe it, somewhat. But IMO, it looks like swavorski. It has that chunky sparkle effect.

Just because it came in a pouch doesn't mean it (or the pouch) is real.

Sorry but Staur is a cheap jewelry seller who does sell diamond aura stuff...so I think onvacation hit the nail on the head.

The Peretti stuff from Tiffany's is some of the most faked jewelry out there...so I think your friend is being taken if he thinks it's all real Tiffany's and he's getting it from the same place.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Ironic how I''m sorry to hear I was on the right track. Tiffany pouches, even "authentic" ones from the actual Tiffany stores
20.gif
are a dime a dozen on ebay. If your fiance''s friend just "gave" the ring to you, then most likely he knew what the ring is really worth, right? People just don''t usually dish out diamond rings to their friend''s fiance.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
OK, sorry about yesterday, big fight with MIL. Ugh. Anyways, I have a few pictures. Neat, its Stauer, is that by chance different or just mis-spelled? Can they really put Perreti''s name on it if its fake? I thought that was illegal. Besides which, that one came in the full package wrapping, pouch, inner box, outer box, tissue, and ribbon. I doubt K could pull all of that off. But I don''t know him well enough to know if he was lying or being scammed. He got fiance a Louis Vuitton wallet. He is just that kind of guy. It had the authentic tag in it.

Anyways, pictures. Just incase they help at all.

Tiffany003.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
By the way its like a size 9 or 9.5

Tiffany013.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's certainly possible that the necklace was real...but at the same time people fake that necklace everyday and although yes it is illegal to write peretti on it it doesn't stop people.

And sorry but it's a fakie...Stauer is the spelling of the company-I misspelled it before. Your friend is sorely mistaken if he thinks that is a Tiffany ring...

http://www.stauer.com/item/DiamondAura-3-Stone-Ring-With-FREE-Earrings/15889/15

And just FYI-LV is faked all the time too...if you want to know if that is real take pictures of the tags and shoot them over on the "authenticate this LV" thread on the purse forum. They'll tell you very quickly if it's real or a fake...

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Thank you neatfreak! Despite the sad news, I am glad to know. Its one of those things, that if you give me a fake, fine you can''t afford it, I get it. But tell me! You know?

With it being in the real pouch, I just hope that he isn''t being scammed. But I would never be able to tell him or ask him. He takes a lot of joy in giving others gifts. *shrug*

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 1:52:59 AM
Author: ilovesparkles
Thank you neatfreak! Despite the sad news, I am glad to know. Its one of those things, that if you give me a fake, fine you can''t afford it, I get it. But tell me! You know?

With it being in the real pouch, I just hope that he isn''t being scammed.

I totally agree! Either he is scamming you or he is being scammed...either way it isn''t good.
7.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So your fiance''s friend is giving you "diamond rings"? Seems a strange thing to give your male friend''s female fiance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results