shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Legacy vs Leon brighcut

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
Hi
Is the main difference on these two inga the beads/prongs?
Tiffany Legacy has larger prongs on inside and I see less spaces. I realize one has millegrain, so ignore that part.
I noticed most rings of this style have larger prongs/beads than
SK, LM, VC etc
Do you like it better that way?

_10567.jpg

_10568.jpg

_10569.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure what your question is. Of these two, I like the Leon much better, because the dimensions seem to be perfect in his ring. With channel set round diamonds you will always see some space, but this seem to be masked in the photo of the Tiffany ring? Is there a Tiffany store where you live? Or look at some real life photo's here on P/S or via Google.
Also I cannot see any prongs in the Tiffany ring and it seems to be bezel set, but perhaps it's due to the quality of the photo (or my eyes :shock: ).
In general I like VC, SK, LM prongs. But Tiffany prings are ok too.

Do you plan to buy one of these rings?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1380910459|3532221 said:
I am not sure what your question is. Of these two, I like the Leon much better, because the dimensions seem to be perfect in his ring. With channel set round diamonds you will always see some space, but this seem to be masked in the photo of the Tiffany ring? Is there a Tiffany store where you live? Or look at some real life photo's here on P/S or via Google.
Also I cannot see any prongs in the Tiffany ring and it seems to be bezel set, but perhaps it's due to the quality of the photo (or my eyes :shock: ).
In general I like VC, SK, LM prongs. But Tiffany prings are ok too.

Do you plan to buy one of these rings?

You're right Acinom, that Tiffany Legacy is a bezel style. :))

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
They are both brightcut pave actually. They have the walls like channel, but have prongs/beads
In between the stones. I have kne from LM and they are much less noticeabke than the Tiffany one BUT when hou have larger prongs, there is less spaces in between. Does that make sense?

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
They are both brightcut pave actually. They have the walls like channel, but have prongs/beads
In between the stones. I have kne from LM and they are much less noticeabke than the Tiffany one BUT when hou have larger prongs, there is less spaces in between. Does that make sense?
Also i see a typo i meant RINGS

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I don't think you mean the prongs on the capstone/ main diamond but the way the melee is held together in the setting, correct?

It is just 2 different looks. Perhaps someone will have a better answer but I always thought the Tiffany style legacy where the melee was spaced further apart gave it a more authetic antiquey feel. Since the HW style has become super popular where the melee are closer together I think LM has adjusted his setting style to stick with the trends. His rings a few years ago, I think, weren't as close as they are now. I think when they are next to each other, like they are in the LM examples, it looks a bit more modern/ contemporary. So I would actually choose the Legacy as that is more in line with my personal style.

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
SB621 explained it correctly! Thanks! Ok so I guess placing them closer is what makes the prongs holding the melee automatically smaller.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can tell you is that these highly magnified pictures are deceptive for comparison purposes. I have a 2mm Tiffany Legacy band, and all I see is a bright row of sparkles. It is absolutely perfect to the eye and with a loupe. That may not be true of some other Tiffany pieces, as perhaps the halos on the rings are handmade and not as perfect as the bands which I assume are cast.

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
LM inside walls of the "channel" are sloped in and highly polished so as to reflect the melee. Can't tell if this is same on Tiffany.

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
Here is my LM one magnified.
Prongs look crooked to me....

_10580.jpg

_10581.jpg

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
personally the Tiffany ring has much more elegant shoulders. I have seen the ring in person and it is stunning. I dont care for Leon's version of this ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results