shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Etoile vs HW channel set eternity?

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
My 18th anniversary & 40th birthday are coming up and as my wedding band (plain white gold comfort band) no longer fits I was looking at some other options.

You know I'm a brand snob & I was intrigued by both the Tiffany Etoile band- looks substantial but playful; as well as the Harry Winston channel set princess eternity band. That one seems more classic & a bit more serious to me.

Which would you choose?

And which would go better with my heart e- ring (in my profile)?

Graff doesn't have any wedding bands I like otherwise I'd go back there.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, can you post a pic of the HW one? Ive never seen it, bit it sounds lovely!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the 4 mm Tiffany Etoile ring at one time. It was substantial, felt like butter slipping onto the finger and did have a nice presence to it. I think they now make it in 3 mm in platinum and that could be a nice width as well. I currently have Tiffany's channel set eternity band and love it too. Just has a more refined look than many channel set bands I have seen. I haven't seen the HW band you are referring too though. You probably can't go wrong with either - are you able to visit both stores to try them on in person when things open up?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I had the 4 mm Tiffany Etoile ring at one time. It was substantial, felt like butter slipping onto the finger and did have a nice presence to it. I think they now make it in 3 mm in platinum and that could be a nice width as well. I currently have Tiffany's channel set eternity band and love it too. Just has a more refined look than many channel set bands I have seen. I haven't seen the HW band you are referring too though. You probably can't go wrong with either - are you able to visit both stores to try them on in person when things open up?

I had an etoile a one time too, i ended up selling it bc my fingers are short and it looked too squatty. I couldnt wear my e ring with it either. 3mm sounds much easier to stack!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
No mm given in either description so I'm not sure how wide the bands are
Probably best to wait till things open up & go try on to see how they look & feel.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Dh surprised me with the Tiffany Etoile! It arrived via ups today (they dropped it off & left it outside- thankfully no one walked off with it!)

It's a pretty ring but gets lost next to my e-ring.

I tried it by itself and even so just doesn't have enough presence or interest.

So I'm shipping it back.

Reactions: AV_

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve got Etoile and love it. I respect that you don’t. Would you mind sharing a pic with your ER anyway?

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry I sent it back before I could take any photos; I didn't want to leave it hanging around over the holiday weekend.

Tbh I'm not impressed with Tiffany jewelry.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
So now I'm really stuck.
Costco online has a ring very similar to the HW one (with 2 cts vs HW 1.7 cts) and dh who is not a brand snob says get that one because it's a third of the price.
And I know he is right but but but....
(I can't see it in person only order the ring from them)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So now I'm really stuck.
Costco online has a ring very similar to the HW one (with 2 cts vs HW 1.7 cts) and dh who is not a brand snob says get that one because it's a third of the price.

Try it out and if you don’t like, return it. They have a great return policy.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Can you post some inspiration pictures of what you are looking for?

As much as I love Costco and some of their jewelry for the great value, when I tried on some of their rings I felt the setting was not as high quality as I am accustomed to. The great thing is, they have a very generous return policy.

With your budget, I would check out Whiteflash or some of the other super ideal vendors first. Also take a look at James Allen and Blue Nile if they have something that fits what you are looking for. Branded diamonds and their settings are beautiful, but diamonds are a commodity and you can save a lot with a non-branded option!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
My problem is I'm stuck on the brand.
Which is funny because I'm usually not like that.
Or at least I tried to tell myself that brand didn't matter. But now for some reason I'm really stuck on it. It's really important to me.

I cannot see myself buying another ring or diamonds online (especially after I went thru so much trying to upgrade my e-ring).

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My problem is I'm stuck on the brand.
Which is funny because I'm usually not like that.
Or at least I tried to tell myself that brand didn't matter. But now for some reason I'm really stuck on it. It's really important to me.

I cannot see myself buying another ring or diamonds online (especially after I went thru so much trying to upgrade my e-ring).

Oh. Then go for a brand. Sounds like you know what you want and money is no object.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Can you work with one of the branded retailers on a custom piece? Some of them may be open to it if it's above a certain price point.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
So now I'm really stuck.

Oooo will you post the link??

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. Then go for a brand. Sounds like you know what you want and money is no object.

There is a tight budget .... that makes it even worse for me.
I feel stupid & greedy but my heart wants it; though dh says it's probablynot going to happen

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
There is a tight budget .... that makes it even worse for me.
I feel stupid & greedy but my heart wants it; though dh says it's probablynot going to happen

What if you did a name brand that’s a plain band and do the Costco one for the diamond band. I see less of a mark up for the name brand plain bands. Then you get the experience of it all etc.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mamajemmy I'm not really looking for a plain band right now (my original wedding band is plain white gold )

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Why?
Do other brands satisfy in the way(s) Tiffany does not?

I tried on many of their pieces and just was not impressed at all.

I had thought for sure for sure I will buy my dream heart diamond ring there but they just fell flat for me. I tried on so many, and nothing.
I thought maybe my mind had built up the dream ring so much that nothing could live up to it.

I even showed a close friend pics of the Tiffany heart rings and she was like that's it? And they were over 1.5 ct stones. But it just didn't make my heart go pitter patter & sing.

Until I found a heart ring (from graff) that fulfilled every expectation & still does every time I see it, let alone when I wear it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had thought for sure for sure I will buy my dream heart diamond ring there but they just fell flat for me. I tried on so many, and nothing.
I thought maybe my mind had built up the dream ring so much that nothing could live up to it.

I even showed a close friend pics of the Tiffany heart rings and she was like that's it? And they were over 1.5 ct stones. But it just didn't make my heart go pitter patter & sing.

Until I found a heart ring (from graff) that fulfilled every expectation & still does every time I see it, let alone when I wear it.

Sounds like Tiffany is just not for you - it's great that you went to try rings on and discovered this before buying anything that couldn't be returned!

You'll find Your Ring in-budget. It's out there somewhere ::)

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie thank you for the encouragement!
@ yasmin, it's the ring in my avatar. Let me see if I can find a clearer one for you

Attachments

• 20190514_191721.jpg
    20190514_191721.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 55
  • download_20190805_145528.jpg
    download_20190805_145528.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 44

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
They're a bit blurry, but if you click on the photo it should enlarge and get more clear

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Omg @purplesilk they're both sooo perfect and so me! I saw the heart one in Graff last year and it is an incredible ring. I was just walking around the store ogling every single thing & trying not to drool.

I would need to save up for one of those , but maybe one day.

Thank you for thinking of me.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

Graff diamonds are absolutely amazing. I am no expert, but every time I go there I am so wowed by the diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results