shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Etoile Hallmark..real?

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I just purchased an Etoile band. I checked on ebay and went with a seller with lots of great feedback on Tiffany and other high end items. I checked the hallmarks on other Etoile rings on ebay and there were quite a few with the same T & Co. in addition to others that were very suspect. When I received the ring and checked it out with a loupe, the letters seemed rough. It was not the sharp clean lazer lettering that I've seen on other pieces. I contacted the seller about my concerns. He was very nice and said it was authentic and to take it to Tiffany. He said he would pay for them to polish the ring and that they would not do it if it was a fake. He said that they take their pieces to Tiffany and are charged around $20 depending on the item.

I have searched PS and found a lot of info but it seems that Tiffany has different marks and the info is from people that have bought directly from Tiffany. I did find a couple Etoile bands that had the copyright "C" mark in front of the T & Co. but mine does not. Could their be diffrent marks depending on production date? I'm going to try to post a pic. If someone can look inside their Etoile and let me know what theirs looks like I would be very grateful.

Thank you, Marie

tiffanydiamondband1.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would take it to Tiffany and have it authenticated, esp if the seller has offered to do so.

Carbonlover

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'm not sure... but the font doesn't look quite right...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can tell you from other pieces that their mark is not always exactly the same. I think there are tons more fakes of their sterling jewelry than platinum. But I'd certainly take it to Tiffany's and ask if you are concerned about it.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I hope some other PSers, that have the Tiffany Etoile ring, will let me know if their's is different. I will go to Tiffany's and see what they say. The doubt has ruined all the excitement.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1343534129|3242351 said:
I can tell you from other pieces that their mark is not always exactly the same. I think there are tons more fakes of their sterling jewelry than platinum. But I'd certainly take it to Tiffany's and ask if you are concerned about it.

This is absolutely true - I had an etoile band and if memory serves me correctly, it was stamped T&Co. I have a diamond channel eternity band and Tiffany&Co. is spelled out inside the ring. I would just take it to Tiffany's and ask - no need to be upset if you don't need to be. Here's hoping they authenticate everything for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results