shape
carat
color
clarity

tiffany diamond with fluorescence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

freddy

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have only recently come across pricescope by accident, and it is a wonderful site for information and learning, I wish I had come across it earlier. I have read many of the topics regarding Tiffany, and I know there have been some that have been a bit heated, but my query is regarding them.

Just to confess, I am someone that always wanted the "tiffany experience" in that I wanted to own a tiffany diamond ring, and for that to happen it will have to be a used ring. I know from reading here that i can get better for less, but I have always had that dream growing up.

Does anyone own a Tiffany diamond with fluorescence? I have the opportunity to purchase a used tiffany round brilliant diamond ring that is H in colour and VS1 in clarity 1.2 carat that has medium blue fluorescence, but I have always though previously that fluorescence was not desirable in a diamond. Could you please help me with your knowledge and experience to understand whether this is something I should avoid buying?

Thanks

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is such a thing as too much fluor but many stores still are way too conservative on the issue and I believe Tiff''s is one of them. In fact if you want used you will most likely face older guidelines which I''m pretty sure will not have much if any of the fluor you''re looking for.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Freddy, are you asking whether fluorescence is undesirable in a Tiffany diamond? Or are you asking whether fluorescence in a supposedly Tiffany diamond should make you question the piece''s authenticity?

I don''t know whether Tiffany''s currently sells diamonds with fluorescence. I don''t know if they sold them in the past. Maybe someone else here knows.

But I do know that medium blue fluorescence is very unlikely to make a diamond look bad, so I don''t think it''s something you should avoid, unless you decide it means the piece is not a genuine original Tiffany''s ring.

One other thing: There aren''t very good standards for rating fluorescence. The labs aren''t very consistent in rating it. So it''s possible not everyone would agree that the stone in question has medium blue fluorescence. Who''s calling it "medium blue"?

freddy

Rough_Rock
I rang Tiffany today and found out that they will sell diamonds with Fluorescence up to medium blue, so that makes me feel a little bit better knowing that they do sell them, as I was questioning the authenticity of the ring.

The ring I have an opportunity to purchase has both a GIA and Tiffany report, stating medium blue fluorescence. After trying to read up on as much as possible, and getting quite confused to be honest, do you think it will detract from the diamond, should I keep looking for my Tiffany ring?

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am from Singapore, and yes Tiffany in Singapore do carry up to medium fluorescence diamond too. And personally I think medium fluorescence diamond is the prettiest, It does not show the blue tint in most lighting and when it does in certain condition, it is real COOL:)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is from Tiff''s, it has meduim bluie, I love it. Doesn''t detract from it what so ever. Best of luck to you in your search.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi you might wanna check out this link:) http://www.goodoldgold.com/classic/fluorescence.htm

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The flo "shouldn''t" be a problem at all, but is there a way to buy the ring contingent upon a favorable report by an independant appraiser? That would actually be a good thing all the way around, not just for the flo.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results