shape
carat
color
clarity

tiffany & co 1ct Yellow Solitare in Plat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mac75093

Rough_Rock
Can anyone give me a price range on an original Tiffany & co 1ct Yellow Solitare in a Platinum setting? How can you tell if it is a fake?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi mac75093,Do you have a yellow diamond? How do you know it is "original"? Does it say Tiffany in the ring? How did you come to have this ring?You really need a lot more information. Do you have a GIA certificate or an appraisal on the stone?You may want to send the stone off to GIA to have it evaluated and then you will know what you have. You could also consider sending it to an independent appraiser like Bill Lieberum www.consumersgemlab.com or Dave Atlas www.gemappraisers.com Please post some more information here and I'm sure some experts will stop by to offer their thoughts.lawmax
smile.gif

mac75093

Rough_Rock
The ring has been sent to GIA for evaluation, the ring does say Tiffany & Co on the band. The ring is being offered to me for sale. The only information that I have at this time is that the ring seems to have been made by Tiffany in the 40's. I am not an expert and am sure that I can get an appraisal, but am more interested in what I should pay for a ring like this, assumming that GIA comes back ok.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,Can you post the information on the GIA cert? An expert would need this to give his/her opinion.lawmax

mac75093

Rough_Rock
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
Originally posted by lawmax:
Hi,Can you post the information on the GIA cert? An expert would need this to give his/her opinion.lawmax
Don't have the info back yet, probably next week.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You need to get the Colored Diamond Report from GIA, this will tell if its natural, the color grade, and the distribution. Depending on all these qualities, along with clarity will help us evaluate it sight unseen.If your not buying it from Tiffany, then I wouldn't exspect to pay the Tiffany price. Are there any sales documents to verify that the diamond came from them?Don't get to excited until all the facts are revealed, and then decide. Keep us posted.------------------

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results