shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany & Co. 1ct Solitaire Tiffany Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

drvfstnwild

Rough_Rock
I have been looking online for a while at engagement rings and have really liked the looks of the Tiffany''s Setting. I am currently working overseas and will be back home for the holidays and want to propose with a ring (hopefully) not much time. I was wondering what the price of at least 1ct Round Solitaire in the Tiffany Setting, F VVS1. Online it says 10,200 for the base 1ct.

Does anyone know? Also, how long does it normally take for them to get the ring "ready" before I pick it up. I will only be in for a short 12 days.... And I won''t have time to do it until 2010 otherwise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
F VVSI? I''d say you are probably looking at double that base price at least. Best thing to do is call Tiffany''s ahead of time and they can order it in for you from another store. Then you can just pick it up and should be able to have it in time. If you wait until you can physically go to a store to get them to order it in you might not have enough time.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I think your best bet would be to call ahead to the Tiffany's store you'd like to purchase your ring from, tell them your budget and what you hope to buy with it, and ask them to have a selection of rings around your budget (some maybe slightly smaller than 1ct but higher colour, etc.) so you can compare what you can get for your money. Do you know your lady's ring size? If so, I'd tell them that too in case they can show you ring in the size you need. Let them know how long you will be in town and say you'd like to be able to walk away with the ring within X days. Then secure an appointment with them to view the rings, and go see them!

As for the current retail price, if the website says the baseline price for a 1ct. of the lowest colour and clarity Tiffany's sells (i.e. NOT F V-anything), then expect to pay no less than that if 1ct is the magic number you must have.
1.gif

ETA: Oh, was posting at the same time as neatfreak. Sorry for any repetition!

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
As for the current retail price, if the website says the baseline price for a 1ct. of the lowest colour and clarity Tiffany's sells (i.e. NOT F V-anything), then expect to pay no less than that if 1ct is the magic number you must have.
1.gif
Just to note, Tiffany doesn't use diamonds less than VS2.

I don't know how much help this will be, but I know I was just at Tiffany's, and a 2.37 carat, H-color VS1 was 46k. [Round brilliant solitaire, included the platinum six-prong setting.] Remember the other cuts are going to be a different price as well. I was just assuming you meant the round-brilliant. I asked what the prices posted on the website were, and the associate told me they were the base price for I-color, VS2 diamonds of those basic carat weights.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 11:04:58 PM
Author: Nocturnius
As for the current retail price, if the website says the baseline price for a 1ct. of the lowest colour and clarity Tiffany''s sells (i.e. NOT F V-anything), then expect to pay no less than that if 1ct is the magic number you must have.
1.gif

Just to note, Tiffany doesn''t use diamonds less than VS2.
Oh, my apologies. That''s very strange, as a friend of mine said he was proposing with a Tiffany solitaire that was H SI1--guess he just meant Tiffany style then, if they don''t do SIs.
33.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 2:48:45 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Date: 11/30/2008 11:04:58 PM

Author: Nocturnius

As for the current retail price, if the website says the baseline price for a 1ct. of the lowest colour and clarity Tiffany''s sells (i.e. NOT F V-anything), then expect to pay no less than that if 1ct is the magic number you must have.
1.gif

Just to note, Tiffany doesn''t use diamonds less than VS2.

Oh, my apologies. That''s very strange, as a friend of mine said he was proposing with a Tiffany solitaire that was H SI1--guess he just meant Tiffany style then, if they don''t do SIs.
33.gif

They now do SI1''s but not in e-rings though

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
My turn to chime in! Tiffany did change the engagement section of their website showing a base price of $10,300 for a 1ct Tiffany Setting. I have seen several for under that price in the store very recently. After seeing this price on the website, I emailed my Tiffany SA asking her if they have raised the pricing. She emailed me back and said:
"Actualy 1 carat use to start around $11,000. However since we introduced our Princess Cut, the price can be just under $10,000.- in I, H color & VS2, VS1 clarity."

So pretty much you can still get them for under $10,000 obviously depending on the color and clarity. I have seen H colors for less than $10,000...What you really need to do (if you have a set budget) is decide what is more important to her/you - the size of the diamond, or the color of the diamond. (The color will make a HUGE cost difference) Now, as far as an F goes, it will be well over $10,000. But in my opinion it isn't worth the money to buy an F color. (But, that's just my opinion)

Gwendolyn is right - you need to call Tiffany's and tell them your situation. Tell them your price range that you are willing to spend along with the diamond size you would like to have and they will graciously help you out in getting what you want within your budget. They can look into the database of other Tiffany stores and order in several that you would be interested in purchasing for you to look at and choose from. If your soon-to-be-fiance wears a size 6 ring, you can walk away with it THAT day from the store. (because they all come in size 6 at first until you resize them) And if you need it resized, that may take a while unless they can put a rush on it for you.......I'm sure they will help you out.

Just so you know, I'm biased to Tiffany...but if you feel more comfortable purchasing from a store (I read your other post) then you should purchase from a store. I sort of feel the same way about that as you so I can see where you are coming from. Tiffany has a good reputation and have been around since 1837.

Good luck to you!
35.gif

rock and roll

Rough_Rock
I have a funny story, I was proposed to with a 1ct platinum brilliant cut tiffany and co ring. Of course I had no idea how much such a ring could even be worth. And of course my fiancee didn''t want to tell me. Well one day, I was doing laundry as I always do, and in one of his pockets I found the receipt for the ring. I sh** you not I almost fainted. it was 13,000$. I am scared to walk out of my house with this ring on my finger now. It''s crazy. He''s crazy. He Could have proposed with a car. I''d have said yes to that too. LOL anyway the ring is absolutely stunning. It takes your breath away. I''d say it''s worth every penny.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 3:40:41 PM
Author: rock and roll
I have a funny story, I was proposed to with a 1ct platinum brilliant cut tiffany and co ring. Of course I had no idea how much such a ring could even be worth. And of course my fiancee didn't want to tell me. Well one day, I was doing laundry as I always do, and in one of his pockets I found the receipt for the ring. I sh** you not I almost fainted. it was 13,000$. I am scared to walk out of my house with this ring on my finger now. It's crazy. He's crazy. He Could have proposed with a car. I'd have said yes to that too. LOL anyway the ring is absolutely stunning. It takes your breath away. I'd say it's worth every penny.
Well, they certainly are worth it!!!

I'd never say yes to a car proposal. Cars don't last long at all and are NOT worth the money if you ask me.....(Luckily, my boyfriend agrees about the cost of cars. Just INSANE!!!)

You should create your own thread rock and roll for us to see your Tiffany lovely. I wanna see it!!!!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 3:58:26 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Date: 1/14/2009 3:40:41 PM

Author: rock and roll

I have a funny story, I was proposed to with a 1ct platinum brilliant cut tiffany and co ring. Of course I had no idea how much such a ring could even be worth. And of course my fiancee didn''t want to tell me. Well one day, I was doing laundry as I always do, and in one of his pockets I found the receipt for the ring. I sh** you not I almost fainted. it was 13,000$. I am scared to walk out of my house with this ring on my finger now. It''s crazy. He''s crazy. He Could have proposed with a car. I''d have said yes to that too. LOL anyway the ring is absolutely stunning. It takes your breath away. I''d say it''s worth every penny.
Well, they certainly are worth it!!!

I''d never say yes to a car proposal. Cars don''t last long at all and are NOT worth the money if you ask me.....(Luckily, my boyfriend agrees about the cost of cars. Just INSANE!!!)

You should create your own thread rock and roll for us to see your Tiffany lovely. I wanna see it!!!!!!

Ditto dreamgirl - this ring sounds gorgeous
30.gif
9.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I''d get VS1. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results