shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany & Co 1837 Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always wanted a Tiffany & Co 1837 ring. I don''t know if this is the right forum, but where would I look for one that is cheaper than the new price? Is Ebay reliable when it comes to this? It''s just sterling silver after all! Thanks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ebay is NOT reliable. About 90% of the "Tiffany" silver there is fake (real silver, but not Tiffany's). Signed Pieces occasionally gets Tiffany silver pieces, that is where I would look.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a way to tell it is real? Does Tiffany''s provide any docs that the seller could pass along? Maybe I''ll just splurge on a new one online. I don''t think there''s a Tiffany''s near me. Hmmm. . .

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 10:06:02 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
Is there a way to tell it is real? Does Tiffany''s provide any docs that the seller could pass along? Maybe I''ll just splurge on a new one online. I don''t think there''s a Tiffany''s near me. Hmmm. . .

Not really...only if you really know your markings and stuff. Tiffany''s won''t provide anything for their silver, not worth it to them. I''d just buy a new one personally...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 1:13:59 PM
What do you mean they won''t provide anything for their silver? Provide what?

What about this? http://www.tiffany4ever.com/index.php?cPath=25

Documentation of any kind about it being authentic. And Tiffany''s the ONLY authorized retailer of their silver, so unless it''s used, if someone else says it''s authentic, it''s not.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unless buying from Signed pieces I wouldn''t risk ebay for Tiffany pieces. The only way to be 100% sure it''s authentic is to just buy it from tiffany''s which is want I would do in your case.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It appears that Tiffany4ever had a terrible return policy. They say the item MUST be returned the next day, which leads me to think they know it''ll take a person longer than one day to check the authenticity of a piece by going to Tiffany & Co. and you''ll be stuck with the item even if it''s fake.

Also, this sounds suspicious to me:
"In this regard, Tiffany4Ever.com expressly disclaims any indication that it is an authorized dealer or agent of the designers whose goods are offered on this site. To be an authorized reseller, designers may require that Tiffany4Ever.com abide by designers'' suggested and minimum selling prices. Tiffany4Ever.com would be unable to provide you with the low cost of the products sold on this site if Tiffany4Ever.com were to comply with certain designers'' suggested and minimum selling prices. In those instances where Tiffany4Ever.com is not an authorized reseller of the products sold, these designers may decline to offer the manufacturers warranties that usually accompany the product being purchased."

If you want an authentic Tiffany item, just bit the bullet and buy from the REAL Tiffany & Co. Or wait to see if Signed Pieces gets an item in.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
How much IS the ring? I see two that are both under $120. That isn''t that much for a real Tiffany item, even though it''s just sterling. You''re buying for the name. If you want the name, get the one that you know is real.
2.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am all for getting a bargain, but I would not take the chance with ebay. I would just go for the real deal from Tiffany.com

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Just buy the narrow band that is $100 FROM Tiffany. That is an excellent price. I wouldn't buy it from ebay or anywhere else for that matter other than Tiffany. I've thought about getting this myself as I have the 1837 cuff bracelet.
31.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know if Tiffany''s stocks all sizes or if they have to be ordered? I just discovered there is a Tiffany''s in StL! It''s complicated for me to get to because an interstate is under major construction and is completely closed. . . but maybe. . . if I have any xmas gift budget left. :)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 3:15:16 PM
Does anyone know if Tiffany''s stocks all sizes or if they have to be ordered? I just discovered there is a Tiffany''s in StL! It''s complicated for me to get to because an interstate is under major construction and is completely closed. . . but maybe. . . if I have any xmas gift budget left. :)

Usually for items like that they stock a number of sizes, but it''s always worth it to call because the smaller stores often don''t have all the silver in stock.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 3:08:28 PM
I don't know what narrow band you are talking about. But this is the ring that I want:

$150

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP00020&mcat=&cid=288158&search_params=s+5-p+6-c+288158-r+101287466+0-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+
I know that is the one you want dear. I have the cuff bracelet just like it. I'm telling you they have the EXACT SAME RING (link: here) but a narrow band for $100 instead of the $150 wide band.
9.gif

They should stock all sizes but with it being the holiday season, they might have less inventory.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry dreamgirl. I post at work and so sometimes I''m not 100% focused on what I''m posting. :) I''m more of a thick band girl. Prob is I don''t know my size for the thicker band. And I believe there is one that is even thicker. But that one is too thick for me. I''ll have to sleep on it.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
No problem. I only suggested it since you seem concerned about the price. Just trying to save you $50. The ring size will probably vary in the thickness of the bands for you. Your best bet is to probably go to the store and try them on. But then again, you CAN purchase one online and after you get it, if it doesn''t fit, you can take it to the store and exchange it for another size. You will just have to pay the difference in sales tax.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results