shape
carat
color
clarity

Tickled blue!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
5D05A89C-BD8D-4F23-868A-288FC5239B31.png A5E0A1C7-3024-4098-89F1-E5133CBEEFD2.png A6A891EC-40B1-404D-939B-E6B2E9171B11.png 78BA8991-5206-4C42-A497-B0D4B4E13C74.png
I once worked with a lovely lady, a minister’s wife. They didn’t have that much money but he was very romantic and had bought her a heart-shaped diamond solitaire engagement ring. Heart shapes are not the most common, but I have wanted one ever since. I kind of thought I wanted a pink or red one, but this one came up for sale on Etsy at Pristine Gemstones, which is having a pre-retirement sale.

It’s a medium or cornflower blue that sparkles nicely and feels deep and warm and cozy. I think the rose gold adds a little glow so the blue doesn’t feel icy. Above are vendor pics and CADs.

Andrea was a joy to work with and helped me to adapt one of their custom designs. The stone is 1.83 carat Ceylon origin, heated, 7.6 x 7.3 mm. The setting is rose gold with a halo of 1.7 mm and 1.3 mm for the band. I upgraded the diamonds following a discussion we had here one day about the Golden Mean. With the unusual shape, the diamonds also had to be spaced to fit.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, beautiful ring,
And it looks beautiful on your hand!

H

Horsegirl76

Absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful shade of blue! Love!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! It turned out gorgeous! The sapphire looks as pretty as I thought it would be. :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an absolutely gorgeous ring! :love: My gosh, that heart shape is perfect and the cut and color look amazing. What a find! Beautiful setting as well, looks very well made :appl:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out great! Wear it in good health.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful! :kiss2: I love the mix between the warm rose gold and the icy blue sapphire. It makes for a gorgeous combination. :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Enjoy!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its so pretty!! Cornflower blue heart! Pink rose gold and blue sapphire...lovely combo! Congrats!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love it! Such a gorgeous color and I'm really starting to like heart shaped stones. Congrats!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So lovely! Do you feel that the tone of blue changed much after set?

Thank you! I actually didn’t see it in between, so I’m going by pictures, but no, I think it was exactly what I expected. It lights up as much as the vendor pic in sunshine. It might be just a tad darker because of the halo. I don’t think the color of gold influences the stone much.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 I’m thrilled that you like it. You have a beautiful kitty too!

@JPie thank you so much for your blessings of health!

@elle_71125 you are the queen of lovely combinations! I’m so glad you like the rose and blue.

@T L thank you kindly!!

@ZestfullyBling I love your halo ring too! Thank you!

@Catmom I am saying my cats got this for me. The heart is just so sweet and playful. I couldn’t resist!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @arkieb1 ! I would love to see your hearts. Maybe we should start a thread?

What a lovely idea, @Mrs_Strizzle! I will try to keep a smile in my heart when I wear it!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
We are hooked on hearts for sure! Enjoy yours, it is just beautiful and romantic and looks great on you!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @mellowyellowgirl - You have beautiful taste yourself so I am honored!

@bling_dream19 - Thanks for your sweet thoughts! I really appreciate all the help I’ve gotten here with proportions and colors. I figured out rose gold is my best, even if people usually put white gold with diamonds. I am definitely a romantic at heart!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring and sapphire! I prefer medium blue sapphires as well. I really like the gallery and profile. I wasn’t sure I would like a heart but I really would wear this ring. Perhaps since the heart is blue is is not the cliche I expected. I love it paired with the matte, 3 gold ring. Please post some pictures of other pairings

Congrats and enjoy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Your sapphire is gorgeous and looks fabulous in your ring.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is BLUElicious!!!! Bluetiful and blueriffic too. I LOVE it.:kiss2: And it looks amazing on your hand!:love:

gorgeousgif.gif

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Wear it in good health!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!! Love the color of the stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results