shape
carat
color
clarity

Thursday Mystery Ring - Hallmark Pic Inside

Discussion in 'Antique and Vintage Jewelry' started by mdi, Sep 5, 2019.

1. mdi
    Shiny_Rock

by mdi » Sep 5, 2019
    OK PSers, I know you love a good mystery piece -- want to help figure out this hallmark? So this is a strange little ring I picked up during the Ruby Lane tag sale. The seller didn't have much info about it, but it is fully hallmarked. Unfortunately I have done a fair bit of digging and can't figure out where the third mark is from. As far as I can tell, it's not one of the common British assay offices, even though the 9 kt marking suggest a possible UK origin.

Also, the seller did note that she thought it was a bit strange to put rubies and diamonds into a 9 kt setting. And who could this mysterious GC maker be? Thoughts?

PS1.jpg PS2.jpg

2. Daisys and Diamonds
    Brilliant_Rock

mdi likes this.
  3. mdi
    Shiny_Rock

by mdi » Sep 6, 2019
    Thank you! It took a bit of effort to get such a clear photo of the hallmarks, so I'm hoping somebody knows!

4. PreRaphaelite
    Brilliant_Rock

5. mdi
    Shiny_Rock

by mdi » Sep 6, 2019
    I saw that site, but that looks like a different assay office mark completely. Also, looking at the piece close up, "1989" does not seem consistent with the wear on the piece.

6. mdi
    Shiny_Rock

by mdi » Sep 6, 2019
    Hm...maybe it's just seen a lot of wear!

7. JPie
    Ideal_Rock

by JPie » Sep 6, 2019
    It’s 30 years old. Maybe it had some hardcore party years before you met it. :lol:

mdi likes this.
  8. mdi
    Shiny_Rock

by mdi » Sep 6, 2019
    Thankfully I have aged better for 30! :lol: It's in wearable shape though and I didn't spend too much on it -- more of a fun ring than anything else!

JPie likes this.