shape
carat
color
clarity

Three Stone Ring Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthesparklies

Rough_Rock

Hello All! I''m in some desperate need of some advice. I''m in the process of creating a three stone ring using my original e-ring (.61ct, H, SI2, 5.3mm) as the center stone. For one of the sidestones, I''m using a diamond that was handed down to me in a wedding set - this stone is a .29ct, I, SI1, 4mm. This ring is being made a jewelry store in a surrounding state, so I left it up to them to select a sidestone from their inventory. The gemologist selected a .39ct, G, VVS2, 4.3mm sidestone to match the other one. She (the gemologist) said that all three stones look beautiful together and not to get hung up on the different grading of all three stones, but I am worried! The store is five hours away from our house, so finding time to drive down there is out of the question. I''ve already purchased the other (.39ct) sidestone, so I''m not sure what to do. I''m attaching a picture of all three side stones side by side. I can see a very slight color difference in the two sidestones, but they look good together otherwise.

**Due to technical issue, it looks as if I can''t post the picture at the moment. Will post as soon as it''s working again!!**

luvthesparklies

Rough_Rock
So, opinions are welcome! Do you think they look good together?

luvthesparklies

Rough_Rock
Anyone, please? I need to make a decision soon! Any help would be appreciated!

lovinglifeasawife

Rough_Rock
I can see a bit of a size difference with the .29 and .39.....

lovinglifeasawife

Rough_Rock
I would also be concerned with the colour difference as well as the clarity difference!!!

luvthesparklies

Rough_Rock
I don''t think I''m going to set these three stones together. Even though I already purchased the other stone (.39ct), it''s worth it to me to have them match up correctly.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless the Si2 is extremely eye-clean, I personally wouldn't group them together (it's a "mind clean" issue for *me* though - not sure what it'd be like for *you*). I can also see the difference btw the G and the other two stones. I would purchase another side-stone of I or H colour, to match yr centre stone and the 0.29ct that was handed down to you.

However, I'm most concerned about the size of the two side stones. I can clearly see the size difference. It's not that difficult to source stones of that size, if you don't mind buying another side stone to match your 0.29ct. The 0.39 could be set into a pendant, perhaps bezelled, or maybe you can return it (if you're able to)?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree with phoenix. The stones are all pretty, but the size difference is pretty visible. I would return the stone you bought, or have it set in a pendant.

luvthesparklies

Rough_Rock
I really like the proportions of the .39ct next to my .61ct, but I can totally see the color difference between the G and H (am I crazy??). I figure that if I can see it in a fuzzy picture, I can definitely see it in real life. The jeweler keeps trying to reassure me that they look beautiful together, but I''m VERY picky and I don''t think they understand that. I''m going to look for two matching (.30-.34ctw, H, SI1/SI2) 4.3mm stones from Blue Nile. I think I''m going to choose this setting...

ENR8615.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/27/2010 10:31:36 AM
Author: Phoenix
Unless the Si2 is extremely eye-clean, I personally wouldn't group them together (it's a 'mind clean' issue for *me* though - not sure what it'd be like for *you*). I can also see the difference btw the G and the other two stones. I would purchase another side-stone of I or H colour, to match yr centre stone and the 0.29ct that was handed down to you.

However, I'm most concerned about the size of the two side stones. I can clearly see the size difference. It's not that difficult to source stones of that size, if you don't mind buying another side stone to match your 0.29ct. The 0.39 could be set into a pendant, perhaps bezelled, or maybe you can return it (if you're able to)?
Agreed. Can you return the .39, or do you want to keep that one because of the size? If you keep it, you'll have to look for another stone with high clarity to match it because it's a VVS.

luvthesparklies

Rough_Rock
Preferably, I''d really like to return and if I can''t return, then sell the .39ct. I''d really like to stick with the same color and clarity of my center stone of H, SI2 (however, I wouldn''t mind if it was an I color or an SI1). If I end up having to keep the stone, can anyone recommend where I can sell it? I''m still waiting to hear back from the jeweler at this point. They quoted me almost $2k for two matching .35ct each side stones, woah! I found a similar pair on Blue Nile for close to $1,000.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results