shape
carat
color
clarity

Three stone OEC proportions

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Hi all =)2

I recently purchased a 1.55 M OEC for a right hand ring and then decided to do a three stone RHR. The center diamond is ~7.4mm and the sides are ~4.5mm. Do these proportions look ok or should I go bigger for the side stones?

0B4EAAEE-CFD2-4A6E-8343-7B270DAA35CD.jpeg

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I personally feel that those proportion are on point. The sides are small enough not to compete, but visible enough to create substantial presence.

Going larger would likely still work with 5mm, but 5.5mm would bring you directly to the "wall of bling" effect.

I guess I am biased, but I started with 5.4mm for my 7mm center and ended up going 4.5mm :mrgreen:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the proportions are perfect - holy moley, this is going to be gorgeous!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the proportion of this diamond combination. Sometimes when the sides are close to the size of the center, it makes the center diamond seem "smaller" to me, or at least not as impressive as it should be. Maybe I think this way because I'm a solitaire girl at heart. I don't know!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Txborn79 -

Can I ask about the ring in your avatar? Is that your new OEC or a different diamond? Could you tell me its stats pls? I think it looks lovely! And I really like the setting it's in also.

Care to share some deets? :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Txborn79 - Just bumping this in case you missed it!

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Thanks and sorry I missed this. The picture in my avatar is a 1.87 J CBI that was in a temporary setting before being reset in a halo. The setting is from Stuller and i really liked it but it does taper pretty thin at the top. Here’s the link for it https://www.stuller.com/products/bu...dationSource=CategoryBrowse#/mounting-options =)2

My husband may try to ban me from this forum before too long. I’m on my second ring since finding it in January lol.

Hi @Txborn79 -

Can I ask about the ring in your avatar? Is that your new OEC or a different diamond? Could you tell me its stats pls? I think it looks lovely! And I really like the setting it's in also.

Care to share some deets? :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Txborn79 -

Thank you! That is one gorgeous solitaire, and I love the setting!

And - if you get banned for doing your second project in one year, I'm in a world of hurt; I did 16 projects last year and have 7 more on the cooker so far this year. :bigsmile:

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Lol, I had been wearing the same rings for pretty much 15 years so never really even looked at much jewelry. Now I’ve fallen in love with so much! Love the way OECs look and had never even seen them before. Trying to think of what type of colored stone I might want now :lol:

@Txborn79 -

Thank you! That is one gorgeous solitaire, and I love the setting!

And - if you get banned for doing your second project in one year, I'm in a world of hurt; I did 16 projects last year and have 7 more on the cooker so far this year. :bigsmile:

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
Lol, I had been wearing the same rings for pretty much 15 years so never really even looked at much jewelry. Now I’ve fallen in love with so much! Love the way OECs look and had never even seen them before. Trying to think of what type of colored stone I might want now :lol:

Popping in to say--Are you me?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results