shape
carat
color
clarity

Three stone engagement ring/wedding ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steve97011

Rough_Rock
I was told by somebody that if you have a three stone engagement ring, it also acts as your wedding ring, i.e., you don''t wear a wedding band. Does it?? Whats the whole "past, present, future" thing... is it simply each stone symbolizing your "past, present, future" together...???

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
I am no expert - but I have not heard this before. I have seen many places selling (or advertising) 3 stone e-rings and they also want to sell wedding rings to.

I have heard of some people just buying one ring (any type) and just using that as "marriage ring". Some people don't want two rings and some can't afford it.

I think it is up to you and your S.O. - choose your own style.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it's made to stack against a normal band Id go for it as an Ering and wear a band with it. We are trying to decide if we will make mine a 3 stone. Ill probably chicken out though. Id be wearing mine against a regular band though. I hate those notched or curved bands in most cases.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
My e-ring is a 3 stone ring and it has a "matching" band that is meant to go with it.. so I don't think the 3-stone e-ring necessarily as a wedding band as well. The thing that gets confusing is thst some times they call 3-stone rings "anniversary bands" and there is hardly any difference between these and the 3-stone e-rings... except maybe a slightly smaller center stone. But you can always do whatever you want, wear a band, or no band.. or 10 bands.. lol..
Melissa

bearman49

Rough_Rock
You can go either way. Some 3 stones ring are made so a flat band can fit up against it so you have many choices. Some rings flare out where the diamonds are held so you may need a custom band made to fit against it.

duBarry

Rough_Rock
I really don't think there are any hard and fast rules. The whole past/present/future thing is an advertising gimmick that deBeers is pushing. I say wear what you think is pretty, be that a solitaire, an eternity band, a 3 stone, an aquamarine, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results