shape
carat
color
clarity

Three Cheers For Nancy Pelosi!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you haven't already seen this video of Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi in The Oval Office with Donald Trump and Mike Pence, you must see it...a few times. (If you really want to laugh, read the comments written by readers of "The Washington Post" after the YouTube video.) Nancy Pelosi demonstrates why she absolutely should be Speaker of the House. She is respectful of the president, addressing him by his title and speaking courteously while he calls her, "Nancy". She also attempts to move the conversation off camera so that he will not be embarrassed out of respect for the presidency and the country if not for Donald Trump himself, because he is making a fool of himself.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are right on all accounts @AGBF.

Additionally today more than ever I wasn't sure if it was really him or Alec Baldwin. Especially in the still picture ... Cringe worthy... One more "Nancy" and no one could have blamed her for slapping him.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have never been a fan of Speaker Pelosi. Frankly I have disliked her very, VERY much in the past.

However after yesterday she and Sen. Schumer had my 100% support.

Someone needs to stand up and call that imposter of a president out for his lies. For some reason I will never understand the republican senators have completely abandoned sanity. I am sure that they know somewhere in their nearly dead and ransomed souls - if the tables were turned and Clinton had won and now had multiple FELONIES that were waiting to be charged for acts they did to gain the presidency, they would be screaming like a shrill cat from every single orifice they have.

Anyway Speaker Pelosi has my 100 % support. I wish I could tell them : Dear Speaker Pelosi and Senator Schumer I am rooting for you all the way. :appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will never understand the republican senators have completely abandoned sanity. I am sure that they know somewhere in their nearly dead and ransomed souls - if the tables were turned and Clinton had won and now had multiple FELONIES that were waiting to be charged for acts they did to gain the presidency, they would be screaming like a shrill cat from every single orifice they have.

They've been doing that for 2 years in spite of the fact that she hasn't been (as far as we know) felonious. All of their orifices should be hoarse by now :razz:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I was Trump I would have asked Pelosi and Schumer these two Q in front of the live cameras...

Please explain to the american people "why the Dems do not want the wall"? . We have millions of kids here who needs to be educated and million of seniors need support. Why would you put migrants ahead of our own citizens?

Pelosi and Schumer should pay these extortionist out of their own pockets.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dhs-tells-migrants-to-go-home-after-extortion-attempt

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
If I was Trump I would have asked Pelosi and Schumer these two Q in front of the live cameras...

Please explain to the american people "why the Dems do not want the wall"? .

I think that's a great question. Hopefully, Pelosi and Schumer would start with the thousands of acres that the government would have to STEAL from hardworking, private tax-paying citizens along the border to build the wall. Or the decades the government would be in court with these American families. Or the tens upon tens upon tens of billions of dollars out of the pockets of middle-class Americans to build it. Or the fact that the wall will need constant upkeep for eternity, that there will need to be roads built along the border to even transport the materials there, that places will need to be provided for these workers to live/shop while the wall is being built and that small border towns will be flooded with people, mostly young men, looking for work (see North Dakota). Ask why President LIED and said Mexico would pay for it. And talk how we can have strong border security and spend less than we would on a wall.

You're right. The Democrats don't do enough explaining. Hopefully, they'll grow a spine one of these days. I saw a bit of one forming at this meeting-- there might be hope yet. :D

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're right. The Democrats don't do enough explaining. Hopefully, they'll grow a spine one of these days. I saw a bit of one forming at this meeting-- there might be hope yet. :D
The Dems. failed to tell the american people how many billions of dollar it would cost to support these migrants.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
So migrants cost too much money, right? Why would you then support an ineffective border wall that won't keep any of them out at the cost of tens of billions more dollars?

Why do you want to raise my taxes so much, Dancing Fire?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
A wall will do jack shit to keep these "dangerous migrant murdering babies" out of our country, because most illegal immigrants are people who FLEW here on a vacation or for work/school and then just never left. There are SO FEW immigrants that cross the border illegally and tax our systems heavily--btw, make shit easier to gain citizenship and, guess what, they'll pay taxes and support our infrastructure. VS the bumble**** "billionaires" like Agent Orange, who DON'T pay taxes, or if they do pay a tiny fraction of what they should be.

Taxes pay for things, like roads that everyone drives on. We should stop fawning tax breaks over companies like Amazon--who by the way pay NO taxes while raking in billions--and start collecting taxes. Paying their f'ing taxes won't kill their profits unless they're not doing legal accounting.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I have never been a fan of Speaker Pelosi. Frankly I have disliked her very, VERY much in the past.

However after yesterday she and Sen. Schumer had my 100% support.

Someone needs to stand up and call that imposter of a president out for his lies. For some reason I will never understand the republican senators have completely abandoned sanity. I am sure that they know somewhere in their nearly dead and ransomed souls - if the tables were turned and Clinton had won and now had multiple FELONIES that were waiting to be charged for acts they did to gain the presidency, they would be screaming like a shrill cat from every single orifice they have.

Anyway Speaker Pelosi has my 100 % support. I wish I could tell them : Dear Speaker Pelosi and Senator Schumer I am rooting for you all the way. :appl:

THIS.
It boggles my mind that he is in the Oval Office, that people actually voted for this Celebrity Cheeto, that there is still anyone out there who has not realized he is the Assclown in Chief. The fact that a teeny faction actually heaps praise on him and believes him to be the Second Coming (of Reagan) . . . well, that's downright frightening. :eek-2: And I'm a conservative.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So migrants cost too much money, right? Why would you then support an ineffective border wall that won't keep any of them out at the cost of tens of billions more dollars?

Why do you want to raise my taxes so much, Dancing Fire?
Let's tear down this wall and see how much your taxes will go up to support all these migrants.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taxes pay for things, like roads that everyone drives on. We should stop fawning tax breaks over companies like Amazon--who by the way pay NO taxes while raking in billions--and start collecting taxes. Paying their f'ing taxes won't kill their profits unless they're not doing legal accounting.
The top 3 liberals are the riches people in the world. They have all the money.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And I'm a conservative.

That's the point. I suspect that you are a true conservative with actual principles...perhaps like my good friend Joe Scarborough. He doesn't like having a huge deficit, and he really didn't want a "tax cut" that gave billionaires and corporations lots of money while raising our deficit. And he believes in The Constitution! Maybe you're that Kind of Madisonian conservative. How could someone like that stomach Trump or the current Republican Party? (Or turning the US over to Russia?)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How could someone like that stomach Trump or the current Republican Party? (Or turning the US over to Russia?)
HRC done it a long time ago. We have nothing left to give the Russians.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That was non-responsive, Dancing Fire. Also nonsensical. Vladimir Putin loathes Hillary Clinton. People have speculated that his intense hatred of her is one reason that he helped to put Donald Trump into power. She is the last person who would give anything to Putin.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock

I mean, other than removing sanctions, repealing that Magnitsky Act, standing down in Syria, covering up their interference in US elections, supporting policies favorable to the consumption of foreign oil, importing more of their toxic products, turning a blind eye to Putin's territorial ambitions (RIP Ukraine and Baltics)... yep, there's nothing more Russia could want from us. Good catch.

I'm excited to see what part of my post is the 98% you will ignore and which one word will trigger an irrelevant one-liner copied from a facebook meme.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was non-responsive, Dancing Fire. Also nonsensical. Vladimir Putin loathes Hillary Clinton. People have speculated that his intense hatred of her is one reason that he helped to put Donald Trump into power. She is the last person who would give anything to Putin.
If that is true then why did the Russians donated millions to the Clinton foundation?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cite your source.
  • Jeff Bezos. | Amazon. | $112 billion.
  • Bill Gates. | Microsoft. | $90 billion.
  • Warren Buffett. | Berkshire Hathaway.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean, other than removing sanctions, repealing that Magnitsky Act, standing down in Syria, covering up their interference in US elections, supporting policies favorable to the consumption of foreign oil, importing more of their toxic products, turning a blind eye to Putin's territorial ambitions (RIP Ukraine and Baltics)... yep, there's nothing more Russia could want from us. Good catch.
Who was POTUS during the 2016 election? and who was Prez. when the Russians walked in to Crimea?

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Let's tear down this wall and see how much your taxes will go up to support all these migrants.

Immigrants who are authorized to work in the United States pay the same taxes as US citizens. And, contrary to the persistent myth, undocumented immigrants do in fact pay taxes too. Millions of undocumented immigrants file tax returns each year, and they are paying taxes for benefits they can’t even use.

The most recent IRS data, from 2015, shows that the agency received 4.4 million income tax returns from workers who don’t have Social Security numbers, which includes a large number of undocumented immigrants. That year, they paid $23.6 billion in income taxes.

Undocumented workers fund public schools and local government services by paying sales and property taxes like everyone else. The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy estimates that they pay about $11.7 billion a year in state and local taxes.

A portion of the payroll tax withheld from undocumented immigrants — like all workers —goes to the retirement trust fund at the Social Security Administration. In 2013, the agency reviewed how much money undocumented workers contributed the retirement trust fund. The number was astonishing: $13 billion in one year.
https://www.vox.com/2018/4/13/17229018/undocumented-immigrants-pay-taxes

Ugh, you are so right! What a strain on the system:roll2:

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll
  • Jeff Bezos. | Amazon. | $112 billion.
  • Bezos announced two philanthropic goals on Thursday, launching a $2 billion fund to support homeless families and education programs in underserved communities.
  • Bezos made a significant donation in January, when he and his wife gave $33 million to the nonprofit TheDream.US, which provides support to children who came to the United States as undocumented immigrants. The money is being used to finance college scholarships for 1,000 high school graduates who were granted stay in the US under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
  • Bill Gates. | Microsoft. | $90 billion.
  • Bill Gates – Microsoft’s founder, Bill Gates, is the second most charitable billionaire in the world. He donates to philanthropic causes through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which was founded in 2002 and is now the largest private foundation in the United States. Gates has donated over $41 billion (more than 45% of his wealth) to charitable causes, with a particular focus on helping developing countries combat malaria and infectious disease, and supporting basic nutrition.
  • Warren Buffett. | Berkshire Hathaway.
  • Warren Buffett – Now the third wealthiest person on the planet, for a number of years Warren Buffett has been crowned as the most charitable billionaire. In 2010, along with Bill Gates, Buffett created the ‘Giving Pledge’, a commitment made by wealthy people that they will donate half of their wealth to philanthropic causes. To date, Buffett has donated more than 55% of his wealth to charitable causes, with notable donations being to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
https://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/in-bus...-the-worlds-richest-people-donate-to-charity/
https://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-richest-person-modern-history-spends-on-charity-2018-7

If only the information that I hear on Fox News and see in Facebook memes was easier to verify before I repeat it to prove my point:roll :wall:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results