carat
color
clarity

Thoughts & Opinions on this 2.77 OEC?

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello All...

I'm interested in purchasing this stone & wanted to get some opinions from those that are more experienced with vintage stones. I've been purging my brain & getting glassy eyed at reading/viewing a TON of pictures & videos. I'm colour sensitive & having seen in person both a GIA certed J & a K without fluoro, I could see some tint. I think the "warmest" I can go is the J- K range, possibly L with fluoro at most but even thats a stretch.

Stats on the stone:
GIA certed Report # 16281440.... SI-1, J with med. blue fluoro.

8.90 - 8.93 x 5.69

Table: 50
Depth: 63.8
polished girdle
crystal inclusion edge of table ( I asked if was just eye clean to the vendor or would the general population also agree it is eye clean. :lol: She agreed that the stone is very nice & general population would consider this eye clean. :clap: )

Here are some pics of the stone..

2.77--SI-1..J--1_zpsmlop5aao.jpg
2.77-SI-1-J--4_zpsf78evcay.jpg
2.77-SI-1...J--2_zpsfoxjf5mz.jpg
2.77-SI-1-J...3_zpsljwqgr6b.jpg

Thank you... :))
Judy

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As far as the setting, I'm changing it although I do like the shank a lot. If the vendors bench cannot remove the prongs & fabricate a bezel, I'll look at other options. I'm heavily leaning towards Sebastien Barier style or one from Caysie that is similar to the SB one. Perhaps even contacting Diamond Zone for a quote. I'd really like to salvage the setting the stone is in though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Judy, I second Rand's opinion. Amazingly beautiful. :love:
Is there a video you can view?

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't change a thing... it's BEAUTIFUL.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the nod gals...means a lot. :))

There is a video. I'm sure you know where the stone is from. Can I post it here?

RandG, I LOVE bezels. When I got my e-ring, my husband hated the idea of my stone being "in a prison". :roll: Now that I can pick my own ring, I'm going for my bezel. :lol:

Edited to add: Girdle is extremely thin to medium..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results