shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this stone worth buying? (pls help)

mtran89

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone! I'm interested in purchasing this stone from a local jeweller in my city. They would be ordering it from their cutter.

From the information they provided do you think this stone will be okay? They weren't able to provide me any other images like firescope. So I'm a little worried.

In the video that they have for the diamond it doesn't show the dark arrows like I've seen in other videos. Is that bad? Should it show dark contrasting colors in the video?

This is the link to the video:

On the Sarin Report it shows GIA, IGI, AGS, and HRD ratings but I was told that this is what the software thinks the other companies would grade this diamond. I will include an image of it.

$53,000 CAD (~ 38K USD)
2.7 Carat
G
VVS2
GIA Triple Excellent
Dimensions: 9.00 x 9.03 x 5.46
Table - 60
Depth - 60.5
Crown - 32.5
Pavilion - 41.4

Your help and input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 8.29.36 PM.png
820107241 (2).jpg 820107241 (1).jpg
820107241.jpg

Last edited:

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
This stone is not cut to proportions that reveal Hearts and Arrows patterning best although the hearts image is nice. You can read about it more here. https://www.pricescope.com/articles/hearts_and_arrows_diamonds_and_basics_diamond_cutting
It’s also a 60/60 diamond. Definitely put the numbers in the HCA tool if it scores between a one or a two you could consider it. If I was spending that kind of money I’d want ideal or super ideal cut proportions, but I know people have different priorities.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
You'd think for $53k they'd be willing to provide you images assuring you of what you're buying.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
arrows are not symmetric and there is light leakage near the table. i would pass

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Not a good stone for many reasons. Pass on this and anything else similar they are wanting to sell you. If you are not tied to this seller, come here and have PSers source a killer diamond for you in your budget and desired specs.

mtran89

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for your input. I will definitely be passing on this diamond then!

I will take a look at WhiteFlash and see if there are better options!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Agree with others. This is a hard pass. Here are a few I found on BlueNile’s Canadian website after a quick search that might be promising based on a budget of around $53kCAD/$38kUSD. You can request advanced images and the experts here will chime in.

Also can check with Martin at USA Certified Diamonds, who is in Canada and come highly recommended for great customer service, reasonable prices and the ability to source PS quality diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results