shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on This Stone and Setting From Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatalysis

Rough_Rock
Hi Everybody,

I''ve started working with Whiteflash on purchasing an engagement ring. I originally wanted to stay around $5,500 for a nice platinum setting with a round ideal cut eye clean stone at least 1 ct in weight, but after taking a look at the setting and the stone below, I think I feel comfortable with shelling out a few extra bucks. Can you please give me your thoughts on what I''ve picked out? Your opinions are greatly appreciated!

The Stone

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-2416669.htm

(From Whiteflash''s Expert Selection):
Price: $4,998.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.12
Color: E
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 61.6
Table: 57
Crown Angle: 34.9
Crown %: 15.1
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion %: 43.3
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.65-6.69X4.11

The person I spoke with was really nice and pulled the stone in a very short amount of time to let me know that it''s eye clean from 8 - 25 cm away and that the inclusions are faintly visible from the bottom and the side. I figure that once the stone is mounted onto the setting, this won''t be much of an issue since the diamond is eye clean from the top.

The Setting

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Platinum--Tiffany--Style-Knife-Edge_792.htm

It''s WF''s platinum six prong "Tiffany" style knife edge setting. With the width being 3.5mm, I liked that it was a little thicker than the 2.5 mm - 3.0 mm rings I''ve seen. I think the pics and reviews I saw of this setting in other PS forum is what made me choose this one over all the other ones.

So...for around $6,000 did I do okay?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds good to me - a real classic look!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be beautiful! I love the knife-edge setting and am considering one myself! Congratulations on a great choice!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a winning combination to me. Great stone and a classic setting. Way to go!!!
36.gif

littleroman

Rough_Rock
Seems high for the setting. Where I bought my ring they were offering me any platinum setting for $450.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you definitely done good!!

that WF replica is not just any platinum setting, it's a very close replica to the tiffany, and it's stunning....good job!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s going to be a gorgeous ring. can''t go wrong with a tiffany replica
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think it''s a perfect match!!
2.gif

fatalysis

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your opinions! I was also asked if I was interested in customizing the ring in any way. With the setting as nice as it is, would you modify it in anyway (like adding an engraving), or would you just leave it be?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would just leave the setting as is. it''s beautiful..

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Great choices! It will be beautiful!

fatalysis

Rough_Rock
The ring is ready and I can''t wait to pick it up! Here are some pics that the nice folks at Whiteflash took for me of the finished product! I hope to take some more pics once I have it in hand. Enjoy!

thering.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s so white!

fatalysis

Rough_Rock
Any ideas on how this is going to sparkle in the light? The FF and I went into a jewelry store this week and she made a comment on how sparkly some of the stones were over the others. Brilliiance wasn''t something I really considered, but now it''s got me curious, which is adding to the excitement of getting the ring. Any guesses?

monica_renee

Rough_Rock
My fiance actually bought the same setting for my engagement ring. I just LOVE it! Good job to both of you guys
2.gif

Now I just have to find a suitable wedding band to go with it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results