shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this oval

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The link to the stone itself doesn't work for me. I don't love all the white on the ASET, but would want to see the video of the stone in motion.

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
What is your budget? Do you have strict parameters for anything specific? Color, clarity, measurements? I feel like cut is hard to go by because I’ve seen so many ovals labeled “ideal/excellent” that were such ugly stones.

I think it’s a really pretty stone, the bow tie seems minimal.

If you are okay with a G color, https://www.brilliantearth.com/lab-diamonds-search/view_detail/8348077/

Should caveat this with, if you plan on using layaway, be sure to know the terms. BE has recently been giving another forum member a hard time about getting a refund on a layaway stone.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, what's your budget and color/clarity preference? I don't love the one you posted.

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs I'd like to stick to colorless. Eyeclean, so VS2 or over. Unless it's an eyeclean SI1. I'd like to keep the budget $1600 or under. I currently have an earth made oval that is 7.54 x 5.01, but I'm not completely happy with the cut. So I'm looking to replace it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs do you think the first one is eyeclean?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs do you think the first one is eyeclean?
Probably, except maybe the line on the left. I'd ask JA to check for you before sending it to you (if possible). But irl it's so much smaller than we are seeing on screen that I think it's likely to be eye clean

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strong band of central facets but it doesn't appear to have a solid/strong bow-tie :)

Ends and sides are working well and the faceting is quite chunky, which is cool.

Only 'windows' once at high tilt/rotation angles (and they all seem to window to some extent!).

E and VS1 is a great combo in terms of high colour and clarity but not overpaying for things you can't see.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results