shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this MRB with 36 CA & 40.6 PA (with Images)?

GEMini Gal

Rough_Rock
Hello PS'ers,

My search for an ideal princess cut upgrade has led me to explore other options. I am also considering MRB as part of my hunt, but have a lot yet to learn since my focus has been on the princess cut.

What are your thoughts on this diamond?

HCA Score: 1.6
Factor Grade
Light Return: Excellent
Fire: Excellent
Scintillation: Very Good - why is scintillation only "Very Good" here with a score of 1.6?
Spread: Very Good​

Depth %: 61.9

Table %: 56.0

Crown Angle: 36.0

Star: 50.0

Pavilion Angle: 40.6

Crown %: 16.0

Lower Girdle %: 80.0

Colorless with Medium Fluor

Actual Magnified.JPG ASET.JPG Hearts.JPG Idealscope.JPG

At this time, I do not want to include any other identifying information, as I plan on sourcing/reserving a few diamonds to view in person at the same time before making my final selection.

Am I correct in assuming that the clefts in all of the hearts are due to the 80 LGH, and should not be a concern (from what I have read here)? Does the 36 CA cause any leakage here?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reactions: AV_

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Am I correct in assuming that the clefts in all of the hearts are due to the 80 LGH, and should not be a concern (from what I have read here)? Does the 36 CA cause any leakage here?
Correct long lgf=clefts and a different look with this combo it works, and no the images dont show any significant leakage other than those inherent with the design.
The aset was taken with the blue top removed from the scope so the arrows are black instead of blue.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This looks great, and is an example of why stones that score under 2 but are out of the recommended ranges should be considered (but with advanced images to make sure there aren't issus). This is an example of a great one.

GEMini Gal

Rough_Rock
Thank you @Karl_K! When you say “different look”, does that mean the crown will look more “puffy”, the diamond overall longer from the side, or is there less brilliance (making it appear darker?) than one cut with a lower crown?

What is that green at 4 o’clock on the ASET?

Would this qualify as an AGS 0 (Ideal) or AGS 1? When I looked up the values, it was right on the line for both AGS 0 and GIA EX.

Is there any chance of the medium fluorescence causing any negative effects and should I be concerned with med fluorescence bumping up the color grade for a GIA D-E-F color?

Last edited:

GEMini Gal

Rough_Rock
This looks great, and is an example of why stones that score under 2 but are out of the recommended ranges should be considered (but with advanced images to make sure there aren't issus). This is an example of a great one.

Thank you!! I’ve tried to read up and do my research, which led me to think this one warranted further consideration.

I couldn’t find any real pictures/videos with a side-by-side comparison of this combo. vs. one in the 34-35 CA range to determine what the difference would be. I would be interested to see/know though!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The fear about fluor is mostly unfounded IMHO. There are rare cases where it can be an issue, but it's typically not a problem at all.

This is a great stone and as long as the price is comparable to other excellent cut stones (e.g gia XXX that score under 2 on HCA), I'd buy it.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you @Karl_K! When you say “different look”, does that mean the crown will look more “puffy”, the diamond overall longer from the side, or is there less brilliance (making it appear darker?) than one cut with a lower crown?

What is that green at 4 o’clock on the ASET?

Would this qualify as an AGS 0 (Ideal) or AGS 1? When I looked up the values, it was right on the line for both AGS 0 and GIA EX.

Is there any chance of the medium fluorescence causing any negative effects and should I be concerned with med fluorescence bumping up the color grade for a GIA D-E-F color?
Brilliance will be fine, different look is a difference in 3d profile and a difference in scintillation and a general just different.
Nothing bad.

The green looks like some minor painting/dogging of the minors in that area. Should be fine.

AGS0 potential.

medium blue fluorescence is almost always a non-issue.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I read the bits of ASET green as a source of contrast, so I am not sure why the Scintillation score took a hit... I'd really want to see this!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a 55/56% table + 35.5/36% crown combo - love the look it gives the profile.

This looks like a beautiful stone! - that faceting is lovely and clean.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results