carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this men’s ring

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

Doesn’t anyone else say “after this I’m done, I swear?”

I love my new rb engagement ring, and it for sure has the bling I wanted, but for a second piece, I would really like to save for a step cut. I thought it would be an emerald but I keep getting drawn back to a tradition asscher.

I love this ring (video in the link below). I always thought it was a massive stone, but I contacted them on Instagram and they said it was 6mm which would be a 1.5ct asscher. Since asschers face up smaller, I was thinking maybe a 2 carat would be 7ish mm and then the metal would add another 1-2mm.

It’s very different from my RB which I like. I guess my question is does this look like a 6mm Stone? The ring was custom made in 2009 and I love the proportions I see in the video. Maybe cameras really do just make everthing look bigger!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about an Octavia? It would be very unique and you would be in a very good man club with DF and Kenny!

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
How about an Octavia? It would be very unique and you would be in a very good man club with DF and Kenny!

I love the Octavia, but something keeps swaying me back to traditional. I would love a Royal Asscher but it seems they arnt sold anywhere. Or, does an antique asscher have more facets?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
No... There is some variety of step cut models out there, but age does not imply more facets. (see GemConcepts for some variety of old school step cut revivals)

I would have guessed the weight of the diamond in the respective ring...

This - WWW - I tend to remember !

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my head I have 2ct at 7mm and 3ct at 8mm - it is unfortunate that there is such a big price jump between the two sizes :( :lol: lol

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my head I have 2ct at 7mm and 3ct at 8mm - it is unfortunate that there is such a big price jump between the two sizes :( :lol: lol
My old 2.30ct Octavia was 7.40mm.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case you are open to them, Rhino is introducing a range of cuts in MMDs/Laboratory Grown Diamonds - we can't discuss them on this section of the forum, but the Lab Grown section is here for us to use ;-) and the August Vintage Inc. Instagram post this week may be of interest!

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
After thinking about it, I think I’m going to do
Something crazy. My rb engagement ring is 2.01 gia XXX F vs2 and quite honestly I know what it is but st the same time the price to go lower would have been drastic.

I really think I can find a 2 carat asscher in the h/I si1 range and be happy with it. With the flush setting, as long as it looks white and I can’t see anything- it will be good enough without having to be “perfect”.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After thinking about it, I think I’m going to do
Something crazy. My rb engagement ring is 2.01 gia XXX F vs2 and quite honestly I know what it is but st the same time the price to go lower would have been drastic.

I really think I can find a 2 carat asscher in the h/I si1 range and be happy with it. With the flush setting, as long as it looks white and I can’t see anything- it will be good enough without having to be “perfect”.
I think it could be worthwhile checking out some H/I asschers to see how you feel about them - I like to think that I could live with H/I SI but I know that deep down I am colour sensitive and a clarity-whore... :lol: lol

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
I think it could be worthwhile checking out some H/I asschers to see how you feel about them - I like to think that I could live with H/I SI but I know that deep down I am colour sensitive and a clarity-whore... :lol: lol

I agree. For some reason clarity doesn’t bother me but color does.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results