shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this GCAL round lab - does it have gray tinge?

kbcjewels

Rough_Rock
Jeweler recommended the below for me but just wanted a second opinon :). Many thanks!
Seems a bit gray, looking for close to 3 carat with ~5-6k price

Attachments

• 1683853854307.png
    1683853854307.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 37

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, I don't believe so, but to my not-entirely-trained-eye, it looks like pavilion twist?

@Kim N @DejaWiz

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look kind of brownish grey to my eyes. The cut is good--it's slightly tilted in the video.

I would want to see an ASET image on this one, but it might be a better option.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It does look kind of brownish grey to my eyes. The cut is good--it's slightly tilted in the video.

I would want to see an ASET image on this one, but it might be a better option.

Hello and welcome to PriceScope, kbcjewels!
I agree with Kim N...grayish CVD and seems a slight bit grainy/fuzzy.

Love this 3.21!!!
Put this one on hold before someone else snags it!

kbcjewels

Rough_Rock
thank you so much everyone!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Respectfully, I don't love either option. The first one looks milky. On the second one I don't love the asymmetries I'm seeing.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Found some outstanding GIA graded HPHT alternatives for you to pick from over at LooseGrownDiamond:

2.93 D VS1
40.8/35.0/56 combo
$5137

3.01 D VS2
40.6/35.0/56 combo
$5691

3.14 E VS1
40.8/35.0/57 combo
$5465

kbcjewels

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone I know some rounds have very crisp H&A patterns than others which I want - how can I confirm this without seeing in person? Only aset image?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone I know some rounds have very crisp H&A patterns than others which I want - how can I confirm this without seeing in person? Only aset image?

ASET (or Ideal-Scope) will give you a "fingerprint" of the light return and optics.
H&A scope will show you the Hearts and Arrows.

katyb

Rough_Rock
ASET (or Ideal-Scope) will give you a "fingerprint" of the light return and optics.
H&A scope will show you the Hearts and Arrows.

Just out of curiosity, what type of image shows "pavilion twist"? The term comes up a lot, and I don't know where to look for it. Is it possible to have a hearts and arrow diamond or one with great light return as shown on an ASET yet still have pavilion twist?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Just out of curiosity, what type of image shows "pavilion twist"? The term comes up a lot, and I don't know where to look for it. Is it possible to have a hearts and arrow diamond or one with great light return as shown on an ASET yet still have pavilion twist?

It can be seen in most face-up pictures as well as appear as spots of leakage with ASET or Ideal-Scope.
It is possible for a diamond to be called "Hearts and Arrows" with pavilion twist present, depending on how loose the seller wants to be with their own definition of "Hearts and Arrows".
I, personally, would not consider a diamond H&A if there was any pavilion twist.

katyb

Rough_Rock
It can be seen in most face-up pictures as well as appear as spots of leakage with ASET or Ideal-Scope.
It is possible for a diamond to be called "Hearts and Arrows" with pavilion twist present, depending on how loose the seller wants to be with their own definition of "Hearts and Arrows".
I, personally, would not consider a diamond H&A if there was any pavilion twist.

Thank you, @DejaWiz! I have been studying your posts where you circle the evidence of pavilion twist, and your explanation helps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results