shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this emeral cut diamond

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking for an emerald cut diamond for an engagement ring. This one seems to have to proper specs and competitively priced

1.55 Carat G VVS2 Emerald Diamond GIA Certified 7272948050 Affinity Cut - D42844310
https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/1.55-ct-G-VVS2-Affinity-Cut-Emerald-Diamond/D42844310

The diamond will be set in white gold or platinum in a slightly vintage setting.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum.

May I ask what you mean by 'proper specs'?

What are preferred/required colour/clarity/carat weight requirements?

Do you prefer 'fat' facets or 'skinny' facets?

Do you prefer squarer or longer rectangle shapes?

Do you prefer modern or 'vintage' ECs?

What does the person you are buying for prefer?

What is your budget?

Btrey727

Rough_Rock
These were the specs that I've seen as "good" on a few different sites:

emerald specs.jpg

I am looking for white or near colorless/eye clean/~1.5ct.

No real preference on facets as long as it has good symmetry and has some sparkle/light performance.

Prefer more rectangular than square. My SO wants something that will "elongate" her finger.

My SO prefers more vintage look.

I'm essentially trying to get the best quality EC I can for the money. My budget is $10-15k total for ring including center stone and main diamond.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These were the specs that I've seen as "good" on a few different sites:

emerald specs.jpg

I am looking for white or near colorless/eye clean/~1.5ct.

No real preference on facets as long as it has good symmetry and has some sparkle/light performance.

Prefer more rectangular than square. My SO wants something that will "elongate" her finger.

My SO prefers more vintage look.

I'm essentially trying to get the best quality EC I can for the money. My budget is $10-15k total for ring including center stone and main diamond.

Can you explain what you mean by this? A vintage look in the setting, or in the stone itself?

Btrey727

Rough_Rock
the question was posed to me if the preference was for vintage or modern EC. I was assuming the person meant the diamond itself. My SO prefers an overall vintage look for the whole ring. I'm not sure what the difference is between modern and vintage cut EC diamonds?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
James Allen stocks mostly 'modern' asschers.

Yoram at www.gemconcepts.net cuts vintage asschers.

Btrey727

Rough_Rock
I'm not looking for aschers.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not looking for aschers.
D'oh - apologies, I was looking at Asschers a little bit before posting :lol:

I believe the same applies - Yoram's stuff is mostly vintage in flavour, so do check it out.

Asschers and ECs are not that different - ECs have a keel rather than a culet, as I understand it, so are kind of a stretched asscher.

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
Plenty of duds out there online and easy to fall into one. Are you averse to working with a jeweler to help you track down a stone? You could get several recommendations on this site for who would best be able to help you source you a stellar emerald cut.

I would avoid such wide bands of black that show at the same time, commenting on the one you posted.

Last edited:

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results