shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Ebay OEC?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It says that the listing has ended. Did you buy it??

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
I made a lower offer. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a glaring issue that i was missing. He says it is definitely eye clean. He has a week return policy and willing to work with things. We will see how it looks.

I plan on finding the right center stone (either this one or another one) and then resetting.
Haven't come across the perfect stone and setting yet.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hmmnn. Looking forward to hearing what you think. Please post photos and let us know what you decide.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to hear what you think of the stone. From the pics it looks lovely.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm really interested to see your pics and hear your impressions on this stone.

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
Now you have me worried, yenny and Amy! Do you guys suspect a dud?

Thanks Lisa, I'm hoping so!

I know its a gamble with just so much pics and descriptions can tell you. But hoping for more on a small budget. And hard to ask for all the great advice of PSers for fear of vultures:) I did have an off PS consult and she recommended a second look at this one. So, I'm hoping her eyes were right!! I passed on it a few times and just watched it get relisted, so I felt I could offer low.

I will be sure to report back with pics. I just finalized things, so it will be a few days.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No, I don't have any reason to be concerned (sorry if I freaked you out). I'm just always curious as to how well represented an item is, so I'll be curious to see if the stone lives up to your expectations...I certainly hope that it does!

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, not freaked out. Just wasn't sure if you guys were holding back :twirl:

I will def be posting lots of pics.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to point out that I think people are naturally suspicious of ebay purchases. So you will get more of a "wait and see" type of response. The seller has an excellent reputation. I checked back on this thread because I can't wait to hear what you think of the diamond. IMHO OEC's should be warm in color to bring out more of their unique beauty. I am in love with the color that I see in the pics. Make sure you post pics as soon as it arrives. I want to be green with envy. : )

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
It arrived today. Super sparkly white face up. Eye clean to the both of us. Loupe shows some inclusions, two that are black (one spot , one curl) But even after louping, we cant find them with just eyes. Slightly off round. 6.45mm x 6.34mm. Girdle looks like what I would expect from an old stone. Going to bring it to have to checked for any structural issues or anything that I'm missing (which could be a lot as I just got the loupes last week. Haven't practiced that much)

I am really impressed. I think it beats my loose .75 ct oec out of the water on sparkle. But I'm just starting my diamond collection. So it might not be saying much.

Videos here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1afbTa0c8Q http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vva3osrDnUk
tried to show its livelyness more in the video, but it still seems to not flash as much as I see. Pics were either too much glare or too dark compared to what I was seeing. But will attempt to add some. They aren't the best, but all I got with the fast photo shoot.

PSNarwhalOEC72011.jpg PSNarwhalebayOEC72011.jpg

I will try to get more pics this weekend in the sun.

Let me know if I did ok for just over 2K. I have the return policy if needed.

I think it looks great.. but as long as you love it!

I probably would not have gone higher than $2k though based on the color unless it had a GIA report.

But, it all ends up in the wash. If you guys love it.. then who cares!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it looks great and I think you did pretty well on the price too! Congrats! Now where are our handshots????

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
Narwhal%20ps%20IMG_2494.jpg

Here is a fire shot to hold you over:)

I took some handshots, even though he hasn't officially asked yet. I knew they are a requirement :D

But PS is only letting me upload the above photo even when i choose another file. So I will try again.....

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
roygbivfire%20shot%20IMG_2496.jpg
More rainbow fire shots

crNPS%20hand%20eoc%20ebay.jpg

Hand shot

More to come.

I am sitting in the living room, with no lights on and it is very white and reflecting my green shirt very noticeably. There is only some light coming in through the slider that is under the upstairs porch. So not much and definitely not direct.

It seems to go a little darker than the side stones in very direct light. Is that the color difference between the sides and the center or just cut is different. Is that an issue or just like modern diamonds, a normal thing to happen in strong sun?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't know about the price, but that is a *gorgeous* stone!!

Narwhal|1312058968|2980687 said:
It seems to go a little darker than the side stones in very direct light. Is that the color difference between the sides and the center or just cut is different. Is that an issue or just like modern diamonds, a normal thing to happen in strong sun?

Normal for larger stones to be darker in body, more tinted, have more contrast than smaller stones - smaller stones will look more like contrast-less 2D bright white dots.
Also normal that it goes darker in direct sunlight - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/why-does-a-diamond-go-dark-in-direct-sunlight.132751/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/why-does-a-diamond-go-dark-in-direct-sunlight.132751/[/URL]

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad your diamond arrived and you both love it. Looks beautiful!

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone.

Now the hard part of finding the right setting.

I was thinking simple, cheap to start, but all the increases in prices makes it less appealing to spend so much on temporary setting.

I emailed Leigh and this solitaire with bezeled side stones and engraving is in budget.
I have had this pic saved since the original was for sale on DB months ago.

1.2oec.jpg

Or, I have this twisted ring right now with a large (8mm) Barry Garnet. I love this setting and love the texture and wear it as a right hand ring all the time. I would probably not wear it as much once wearing the ering. I am torn between having a more simple solitaire that I can mix and match bands with vs a large statement ering which might limit my band choices.

1ad8a768c2e1fd3bdbb14c2b3cf9fead.image.300x300.jpg

Or....the harder option. Find a semimount like this art deco french cut sapphire/diamond settings. I love the intricateness of it, but also want it to be ERing recognizable. But know its hard to find an empty semi mount or one in my diamond size. I couldn't find one that i liked as a whole package. And the sellers with the remake settings I like require center stone purchase with setting.
facullen.jpg

catphoto.jpg

Any setting suggestions? Or vendors that makes deco settings like the sapphire ones?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm sure that Ari at Singlestone or Grace/Erica at JBEG could make you a vintage style ring that would be awesome with your stone! I have had interaction/transactions with both of them and they are lovely. I'd speak with both of them and see who you feel most comfortable with....

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions.

SS is out of price range and JBEG is not taking any new custom work, only their current line.

I'm afraid with gold prices skyrocketing each day, that each day I wait, I'm going to be priced out unless I find that perfect pre owned setting.

Any opinions on solitaire (like the bezeled side stone ring) vs deco ring with calibre or french cut sapphires for day to day hardiness? I didn't know if the fact that they are all bezeled in would help sturdiness even though sapphires are softer than diamonds.

I don't want a ring I have to really baby, like a pave galore ring. I could always get a smaller carat deco ring as a RHR.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What's your budget? Are you looking for platinum or white gold? Both of the settings with sapphires are pretty intricate, not to mention that there are a lot of stones invloved. If it were me, I might save up to get my dream setting, assuming you are confident in what you want and know that you won't want to change it in a couple of years.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the setting it is in :)) Great finger coverage that you might miss in a solitaire. You could then save for a reset for an anniversary!

What did you end up paying if you don't mind sharing?

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
YennyFire- Sorry, I never got an email about your reply, so I missed it.

I ended up going with the Leigh Jay Nacht bezel sidestone setting. I just needed to visualize it with my many dream wedding ring choices:)

I need to ship the stone out soon, I was holding off for the hurricane to go by, but just got power back today.

Dreamer- Thanks for the post. I have been wearing the current setting around the house :saint: and my fingers have slimmed down. And I thinks it looks bigger when i cover up the side stones. I hope i like the slimmer marquise sides.

We ended up going with the Platinum, which I didnt think we had in budget, but total its going to come in around $3400. If I had found it before I bought the first stone, I think we would have gone up to this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-39-CT-Dia...ps=63&clkid=2435932447490739952#ht_720wt_1185

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
Up Dated -Sneak Peak Pics.

It has been set at Leigh Jay Nacht setting and its amazingly delicate. They were super fast in turn around time with an earthquake and hurricane and holiday in between all that.

These are the best shots I could get with a rather limited range lens turned around.

More to come when the actual proposal happens!

IMG_2636cr.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

bleeblue

Shiny_Rock
That's beautiful :love: The setting really makes the diamond pop!

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I love it too. I think it stands out more in this setting than the original 3 stone.
Its amazing having it be so small and delicate in hand. The pics definitely do not do it justice.

And it weighted more than listed. 1.1ct! Faces up so white and reflects my skin tone or shirt so well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results