shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond please

kimbleellie

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, new here and very new to diamond buying. Have just reserved a diamond and would like people's thoughts on it please.

Here are the links to the diamond...

It's the same diamond on both websites, confirmed by the GIA report.

I've selected a 1.16 carat GIA triple excellent graded diamond and gone for a "J" color with the hope that being set in a platinum band and with strong flurorscence it will be slightly better in colour.

My first concern is whether the diamond will look milky / hazy / cloudy in person. Can anyone tell whether this might be the case based on the images provided by either BlueNile or JamesAllen?

My second concern is the proportions of the diamond.
Table: 55%
Depth: 61.6%
Crown: 33.5% - I understand this is slightly lower than the recommended 34% - will this cause an issue?
Pavillion: 40.8%
Lower Girdle: 75%
Star Facets: 50%
Medium to Slightly Thick faceted.

Are these going to be good proportions for this diamond?

According to the HCA score it gets a 0.9
Light return = Excellent
Fire = Excellent
Scintillation = Excellent
Spread - Very Good
Looks Like Size = Big

I do understand the HCA tool is meant as a rejection tool only, but these do seem good scores.

Thanks in advance for any feedback / suggestions.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks very nice and is worth taking a chance on its purchase. You can ask them if the gemologist detects any haziness or milkiness in the stone.

kimbleellie

Rough_Rock
Thanks Whitewave.

Also - here is where the diamond scores on the GIA / AGS chart using the HCA tool. Is this ok as it looks on the edge of the GIA scale and outside the AGS Grade 0 zone...

2021-01-22 18.17.08.jpg

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
It looks nice (cut-wise) in the video but I feel like it is a bit too brown-ish for a J. More like a K. Or it has more of a brown-ish hue instead of more desirable yellow one. If you are ok with that, the stone is worth a shot.

kimbleellie

Rough_Rock
It looks nice (cut-wise) in the video but I feel like it is a bit too brown-ish for a J. More like a K. Or it has more of a brown-ish hue instead of more desirable yellow one. If you are ok with that, the stone is worth a shot.

Thanks daisy... I cant notice the brown but I am completely new at all this...

Is it possible that you could show me a similar colour diamond without a brown-ish hue? I'd really appreciate it

Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results