shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this ACA 0.79ct... will it look much smaller than a 0.8ct?

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
I've found what I think is a great value ACA, just under 0.8ct and looks really nice! Ideally I would want to hit the 6mm mark but this one is so close and really wonderfully priced what do you all think?

1606190473030.png
1606190493110.png

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will not be able to tell the difference between 6mm and 5.95x5.97mm with the naked eye. This looks beautiful!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this will be a beautiful stone. It will give you edge to edge brightness and it will look bigger than a non-super ideal of the same size. I am willing to bet money on it.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
You will not be able to tell the difference between 6mm and 5.95x5.97mm with the naked eye. This looks beautiful!

That's great to hear thank you!

I think this will be a beautiful stone. It will give you edge to edge brightness and it will look bigger than a non-super ideal of the same size. I am willing to bet money on it.

Thats so true! I'm realising that the ACA's are so beautiful no matter what size they are :)

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
Hahaha aaaaaaaaaaaah I don't know what to do!! I love it and then another part of me is thinking should I save a bit more and get something a bit bigger, but then I remember that they have a great upgrade policy.... but I am in Australia so upgrading would be a hassle in itself. I sound like a crazy person why am I such a bowerbird obsessed with shiny things :wall:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha aaaaaaaaaaaah I don't know what to do!! I love it and then another part of me is thinking should I save a bit more and get something a bit bigger, but then I remember that they have a great upgrade policy.... but I am in Australia so upgrading would be a hassle in itself. I sound like a crazy person why am I such a bowerbird obsessed with shiny things :wall:

Ahh I know the dilemma, being from Australia too. Maybe buy it now and in future make a trip to the US to make the upgrade worthwhile.

I guess it depends on your time frame also if you could wait a few months and see if our dollar picks up a bit more? All a bit of a gamble though.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
Ahh I know the dilemma, being from Australia too. Maybe buy it now and in future make a trip to the US to make the upgrade worthwhile.

I guess it depends on your time frame also if you could wait a few months and see if our dollar picks up a bit more? All a bit of a gamble though.

Yes its so frustrating sometimes! The craziest thing is that even given everything it is still more affordable for me to purchase from the US plus GST than it would be to find something of similar quality here.

I'm really liking this diamond but Im also realising today that I have become so obsessed with hitting the 6mm mark or as close as possible that I haven't really been looking as much at the other factors. Today I've been learning about the pavillion angle and how it can affect the look of diamonds, I am now wondering if this is something I need to learn more about before mnaking the leap.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Yes its so frustrating sometimes! The craziest thing is that even given everything it is still more affordable for me to purchase from the US plus GST than it would be to find something of similar quality here.

I'm really liking this diamond but Im also realising today that I have become so obsessed with hitting the 6mm mark or as close as possible that I haven't really been looking as much at the other factors. Today I've been learning about the pavillion angle and how it can affect the look of diamonds, I am now wondering if this is something I need to learn more about before mnaking the leap.

If you were buying from any other vendor then I'd say yeah maybe it'll be a good idea to learn more. WF and other super ideal vendors have done all hard work for you in that sense. I feel like maybe you'd be better holding out a bit longer to get that 6mm that you really wanted, but be careful it doesn't turn into 6.5 or 7mm lol. I think mentally its a big thing for you even though in reality you probably wouldn't even notice it.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
If you were buying from any other vendor then I'd say yeah maybe it'll be a good idea to learn more. WF and other super ideal vendors have done all hard work for you in that sense. I feel like maybe you'd be better holding out a bit longer to get that 6mm that you really wanted, but be careful it doesn't turn into 6.5 or 7mm lol. I think mentally its a big thing for you even though in reality you probably wouldn't even notice it.

Hahaha well confession time: my ultimate dream ring is a 1.30 (7mm) :lol: I figured that since I may never be able to part with that kind of money having a 6mm would at least mentally make me feel like I'm closer to the dream.

You are right about WF though, every one od their diamonds I've seen here have looked gorgeous. Maybe I'm over thinking things!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha well confession time: my ultimate dream ring is a 1.30 (7mm) :lol: I figured that since I may never be able to part with that kind of money having a 6mm would at least mentally make me feel like I'm closer to the dream.

You are right about WF though, every one od their diamonds I've seen here have looked gorgeous. Maybe I'm over thinking things!

Hahaha one thing I can say is, never say never. Lol if you've been on PS long enough you'll make it happen haha. I wish I'd known that when I first started. I bought a poorly cut 1.3ct mrb but realised later that I prefer old cuts lol. There's always opportunities to upgrade and your first purchase may not be your last!

You could always trade up to the 1.3ct one day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results