shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this 1.1 CT Radiant Cut

LaurieC

Rough_Rock
After a long time looking at ovals I ended decided to switch to a radiant cut at the last minute so am starting my education all over again.
Thoughts on this particular stone (VVS2, E, 1.1 CT):
Diamond 2.jpg
diamond.jpg
IMG_4573.jpg

Sorry, I can't figure out how to upload the video as well.

Thanks!
Laura

LaurieC

Rough_Rock
Anyone? Complete newb here on radiants. Sorry!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Are those your pictures? Did you like the performance when you saw it in person?

What kind of feedback are you looking for?

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
Radiants are tough. Most have a crushed ice appearance and suffer from light leakage. Did you like the way it looked? I'll try to find a well cut radiant as an example. It's not easy.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As already mentioned, a lot of radiants have a 'crushed ice' look, which gives a lot of small sparkles and (in this case) a look of even faceting across the stone.

Such stones aren't necessarily worse than others e.g. (with bigger, more organised facets and perhaps performance tending more towards MRB performance) - it's personal taste what one likes :) as @Rockdiamond points out ;-) :D

FWIW I think this has quite a nice even facet patterning, and E VVS is a cool place to be if one has the budget :)

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock

This is a good comparison of radiant cuts.

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
I have a 1.41 ct radiant cut that has the crushed ice look. I like the crushed ice look but not everyone does. Its a deeper color, a K, but I like warmer stones also. 20200803_135609.jpg

LaurieC

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the long delay & I appreciate everyone's feedback! After a year and a half looking for the perfect oval (elongated, Canadian, white, and sparkly) and learning so much from this group (maybe a bit of a research-aholic), I saw an elongated radiant and completely changed the game plan and went lab-made, radiant :) (honestly, I think I was oval'ed out after the search and with a pending, and now past wedding, was just ready for the real ring!)

I went ahead with the above stone (purchased from Numined, who are fantastic) and today received my custom engagement ring (about 1.5 years after engagement & 1 month after our marriage - ha!) The stone is brilliantly white and throws beautiful colour - yippee! Photos don't do the sparkle justice. Wedding photo for fun as doing things out of sequence.

IMG_4799.JPG IMG_5174.JPG IMG_2587.JPG Laura&Shaun-07802.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Your wedding photo and Radiant are :kiss2:

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on both the wedding and the ring! Simply stunning!

I did the opposite to you, started my search with a radiant in mind and ended up with an oval!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, what a beautiful ring. How about some hand shots?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous photo! The Alps? Love your ring.

LaurieC

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous photo! The Alps? Love your ring.

Thanks! The location of our ceremony was in Squamish, British Columbia, Canada (via helicopter) and we had our reception in Whistler. Was a magical day!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

The ring looks great and the wedding looks like a very memorable day, which is exactly how it should be :))

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I have a 1.41 ct radiant cut that has the crushed ice look. I like the crushed ice look but not everyone does. Its a deeper color, a K, but I like warmer stones also. 20200803_135609.jpg

That's gorgeous!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! It looks perfect!

love succulents

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring and wedding!! I've always really liked elongated radiants.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results