color
clarity

Thoughts on these WF ACA diamond studs?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ladyva1

Rough_Rock
Sure - I guess I am not totally sure how they match the stones ( assuming color and clarity with price).

Will the table change make a noticeable difference ?

There isn’t a ton in stock, not sure if this is a normal amount of stock for them.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask WF for a picture of all three stones together.

Whiteflash owns all their stones, unlike most big vendors that post virtual stones. Nothing wrong with either model
its just you're going to have fewer stones when you actually own them. Whiteflash also specializes in Super Ideal cut
stones (with all the images) while most big virtual vendors have everything from good to not-so-good and arent able to
supply all the images because they don't have the stones in their possession. Like I said, just a different model from the
big vendors.

A pair of 2 carat ACA earrings are the stuff dreams are made of!

ladyva1

Rough_Rock
Thanks that’s a good idea. I would prefer H/SI1 but at this rate I am going to have to wait and I am not sure what is going to happen to diamond prices.

I am wondering if I should just start with their expert selection ?

Ask WF for a picture of all three stones together.

Whiteflash owns all their stones, unlike most big vendors that post virtual stones. Nothing wrong with either model
its just you're going to have fewer stones when you actually own them. Whiteflash also specializes in Super Ideal cut
stones (with all the images) while most big virtual vendors have everything from good to not-so-good and arent able to
supply all the images because they don't have the stones in their possession. Like I said, just a different model from the
big vendors.

A pair of 2 carat ACA earrings are the stuff dreams are made of!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do they have a pair of Expert Selections in your specs?

The Expert Selection stones are very close to their ACAs but missed due to one parameter.
For earrings, they would be a great option IMO*.

ladyva1

Rough_Rock
I hadn’t checked but there is nothing unfortunately. Do you know if the Expert Selection light performance is pretty similar to ACA?

Do they have a pair of Expert Selections in your specs?

The Expert Selection stones are very close to their ACAs but missed due to one parameter.
For earrings, they would be a great option IMO*.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hadn’t checked but there is nothing unfortunately. Do you know if the Expert Selection light performance is pretty similar to ACA?

I dont want to make any sweeping statements and I think it would be better to speak about specific stones but in general, yes. From
what I understand these stones were being cut for the ACA line but missed due to a parameter (near misses, if you will). In other words, they don't intend to "cut" Expert Selection stones but something causes it to be a near-miss in the end.

You can find the info at this link.

ladyva1

Rough_Rock
All 3 compared. Do you think in the setting the table size will make a difference? Looks noticeable here.

QUOTE="Kim N, post: 5111477, member: 15942"]
I like to see pairs that match better in table size. Would you consider swapping out the 2.066 for this one?

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

ladyva1

Rough_Rock
Here’s a close up of all three. Inclusions look more visible on the 2.006.

Attachments

• 6B43B7EC-6C44-44F4-9E52-335BDB19CA03.jpeg
    6B43B7EC-6C44-44F4-9E52-335BDB19CA03.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 029002BA-76AC-4DAA-B81C-E754E34C5FD2.jpeg
    029002BA-76AC-4DAA-B81C-E754E34C5FD2.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 12

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All 3 compared. Do you think in the setting the table size will make a difference? Looks noticeable here.

I like to see pairs that match better in table size. Would you consider swapping out the 2.066 for this one?

I think table size difference will be less noticeable once on the ears. But given that the 2.078 and 2.093 are a better match and that the 2.066 has more visible inclusions, my inclination is towards the 2.078 and 2.093. What are you leaning towards?

Last edited by a moderator:

ladyva1

Rough_Rock
I think table size difference will be less noticeable once on the ears. But given that the 2.078 and 2.093 are a better match and that the 2.066 has more visible inclusions, my inclination is towards the 2.078 and 2.093. What are you leaning towards?

ladyva1

Rough_Rock
Same as you given the close up of inclusions although with the pricing I was hoping to go up slightly in carat size and stay with VS2 or SI1.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nobody in casual situations will be close enough to your ear to discern table size or inclusions in a VS stone, probably not even in an SI stone. Color, maybe. Size, probably. Perhaps you could go to SI2 even, WF will mark “eye clean” for those stones that are eye clean to their definition (i believe naked eye at 10 or 12 inches). Which nobody better be that close to your earrings with any kind of scrutiny. :). If you found a “non” eye clean stone, you could ask them at what distance the inclusions are visible. I wouldn’t be bothered with anything seen closer than 15-18 inches for earrings. Of course, i might feel differently for an engagement ring diamond. Also, “mind clean” is a wholly different vibe.

ladyva1

Rough_Rock
That a the part I am struggling with. I feel like I overanalyze the information and probably need to see the stones IRL.

Nobody in casual situations will be close enough to your ear to discern table size or inclusions in a VS stone, probably not even in an SI stone. Color, maybe. Size, probably. Perhaps you could go to SI2 even, WF will mark “eye clean” for those stones that are eye clean to their definition (i believe naked eye at 10 or 12 inches). Which nobody better be that close to your earrings with any kind of scrutiny. :). If you found a “non” eye clean stone, you could ask them at what distance the inclusions are visible. I wouldn’t be bothered with anything seen closer than 15-18 inches for earrings. Of course, i might feel differently for an engagement ring diamond. Also, “mind clean” is a wholly different vibe.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, the table sizes will not be discernable. I have to overanalyze the blown-up picture to even realize that there might be a slight
difference.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This looks like it would make a beautiful pair. Ask for side by side photos of these two to see what you think. Ask WF what they think.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results