shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on these OMC cluster rings?

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I have wanted an old cut cluster ring for some time and am considering finally going for it. My budget is around $5k. These are my two current front-runners. Thoughts on either of these, or if they are priced fairly?

a5905d-antique-diamond-flower-cluster-ring_1927_detail.jpg

2.39 CTW, ~$5500 (though they allow offers). Link to listing.

1592143887003.jpeg

2.35 CTW, $3900 (I would most likely have a new setting made). Link to listing.

In the first ring, the diamonds are higher color, but the center stone is a lower clarity. In the second, the diamonds are lower color but higher clarity. It’s tough to tell, but the center stone also looks a bit wonky?

I think I am leaning toward #2, from JbG, and then having it reset eventually. But I see pros and cons to both.

What I’m looking for is a center stone at least in the 5-5.5mm range and an overall cluster size of at least 12mm. Ideally, I’d like a two-tone setting, but I’m negotiable there. If only one metal, I’d prefer a white metal. I also prefer a cluster shape that is more rounded-looking than floral.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you in love with either of these? I think you might be able to find something for less than 5K with nice quality diamonds and setting.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is 4K in platinum 12mm diameter but not sure how large the center stone is but total carat weight is 2.04

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
This one is $4500 with a .70
center and nice faceting on the center but not sure how you feel about the proportions:

Thanks for the additional options! I had actually seen this one, but I can’t remember exactly why I took it off my list. It might be worth it to ask for more pics before I count it out.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much wonkiness do you like in the cut? In the first ring the off center culet would bother me, but that’s a personal preference. In the second ring ask for better pics, looks like there might be noticeable inclusions on the bottom half of the diamond.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is amazing and a great price!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
How much wonkiness do you like in the cut? In the first ring the off center culet would bother me, but that’s a personal preference. In the second ring ask for better pics, looks like there might be noticeable inclusions on the bottom half of the diamond.

Good points! I hadn’t noticed how off center the cutlet looks in the first ring. It doesn’t seem as pronounced in the other photos. That might bother me in person, and since I’d have to ship it overseas to return it, that does give me pause.

I would definitely have to check on the clarity of the center in the second one. Noticeable inclusions would probably be a deal-breaker.

I would say I am tolerant of and even expecting some wonkiness, but I’d prefer it not be distracting, if that makes sense.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock

I have seen this one! Fits the bill in many ways...I think I was just a bit concerned with whether the setting looked sturdy.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
This is absolutely gorgeous. I would definitely look into this one a bit more.

This one must have been good because it’s now reserved by someone else!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen this one! Fits the bill in many ways...I think I was just a bit concerned with whether the setting looked sturdy.

I kind of wonder if this was a conversion because the solder connecting the band to the top doesn't look exactly perfect. The diamonds though are really pretty. I

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results