shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on these choices?

cubix

Rough_Rock
Wondering if anyone could shed some advice/thoughts on the following diamonds?

1. 1.05 VS1 H - the twinning wisps don't look too noticeable .... possibly eye clean?
cert.jpeg

2. 1.05 SI1 G - This looks pretty eye clean as well... My only concern is the potential for cloudiness and the table is a little larger than ideal
cert (1).jpeg

3. 1.05 SI1 H - Again, not sure if the clarity will decrease the look of the diamond but it looks almost eye clean. Crown is a little larger than I want which might also decrease it's overall brilliance?
cert (2).jpeg

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
I think the G is definitely cloudy - it says clarity based on clouds not shown! What's your budget and criteria? Maybe we can help you?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a big fan of any of these stones.

1 - Best proportions of the group (as I'm eliminating stone 2), but I don't like the contrast of the stone in the JA video. It has too much darkness for my tastes.

2 - Reject. Look at the video, the stone is hazy. And this is expected, as a clean clarity plot and note of "clarity is based on clouds not shown" is like a death sentence.

3 - Might work. Proportions are pushing the boundaries. I'd want an idealscope image before pulling the trigger to confirm there isn't leakage or other problems.

But honestly, are you married to JA for any particular reason? I ask because you can dip your toes in the super ideal pool for the same money, size, color and clarity. Plus have a lot better upgrade program (simply spend $1 and get full credit of the original stone vs JA's requirement to spend 2x the original amount).

WF ACA 1.091 H SI1 @ $6,637 wire

My favorite of the group. Look at the video, it is a sparkle bomb! Eye clean, great ASET, IS and a true H&A stone.

WF ES 1.024 H SI1 @ $5,984 wire

Similar specs to the above stone. This one just misses the ACA mark (but comes with all the same benefits) because of some manipulation of the girdle that we can see in the ASET.

There is a black crystal on the table, but WF is reporting the stone as eye clean. Since they own & stock their stones in-house, I would call and confirm this.

WF ACA 1.028 H SI1 @ $6,127 wire

cubix

Rough_Rock
@istase2000 around 8k CAD

@sledge thanks for the feedback and suggestions, no particular bias with JA, honestly not sure which is the best online source.... I've looked around WF before, but wasn't sure what to look for.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to help.

Does the 8k CAD (approx $6k USD) include VAT and duties? Is this for the stone only?

How do you prioritize the 4 C's?

Also what are your desired specs? From what I've gathered I think you are looking for around 1 carat H SI1 or better. Obviously a killer cut, as that is our specialty here, lol.

cubix

Rough_Rock
Glad to help.

Does the 8k CAD (approx $6k USD) include VAT and duties? Is this for the stone only?

How do you prioritize the 4 C's?

Also what are your desired specs? From what I've gathered I think you are looking for around 1 carat H SI1 or better. Obviously a killer cut, as that is our specialty here, lol.

Ideally it includes VAT and duties. And yes, cut is the biggest priority. About 1 carat H SI1 or better are the preferred specs.

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Hi, what setting are you planning to get? Or are you setting locally? I saw some on b2c that may be worth pursuing and well priced but I'm not sure about their settings.

cubix

Rough_Rock
Hi, what setting are you planning to get? Or are you setting locally? I saw some on b2c that may be worth pursuing and well priced but I'm not sure about their settings.

Probably will set locally, but not opposed to getting it all done in one place if there's the right setting. Mainly looking for a solitaire with tapered ends towards the center.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been swamped today.

I will take a look for some alternate stones later. Keep in mind, normally when you ship in from out of country, the VAT and duty fees may slightly increase for a finished e-ring as opposed to a loose stone. There are some places that it doesn't, but far more gig you for an extra 5% or so.

Not sure what part of Canada you are in, but using the JA tax & duty calculator if you lived in Ontario then you pay out roughly 13% total in import taxes and it doesn't change for a loose stone or finished e-ring.

I think BN includes VAT & duties in their prices, so that may be a cost savings alternative.

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Hi Cubix, I don't mean to be a bearer of bad news but I think many people here would avoid knots especially on the crown. Will have a look a bit later for more options!

cubix

Rough_Rock
Alright.... Giving this another try.

I've taken the first two that @sledge recommended in post #3 and added a few more with lower carat sizes to keep the cost down. What are your thoughts on these compared to the 1.028?

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Hi Cubix, you really can't wrong with WF ACA diamonds as they are super ideal cut.

I think the 1.028 is good value for super ideal land. The only hesitation I have is the black inclusion on the table, but it looks like it might be small enough and it has been labeled eye clean. WF will be totally honest with you so you can ask them to check if the diamond is totally eye clean from a closer distance, different lighting etc. as their definition is from 10". They can also make you a comparison video too. Do they have a setting you like?

It comes down to whether you want super ideal cut or want to maximise value (and be happy with an excellent cut that has great IS/ASET.)

cubix

Rough_Rock
They do have a setting that I like which would make purchasing from WF much more convenient. Again problem is pricing. I could obviously save more on a lower carat stone without sacrificing too much of a size difference....

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Would you be able to post the setting you like?

I know someone bought a stone from JA and had it set by BGD recently. There's options if you want to stay within budget :)
But of course it's easier to get the stone and setting from one vendor

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
That's a very nice setting! :)

I just came across the Ritani website and they have 25% off settings and found two potential diamonds with higher clarity. The only thing is they don't provide any additional imaging so we can't be 100% of the performance.

However if you want to be sure of the stone performance then WF is the better option. Can you stretch the budget for the 1.028 or the 1.024 providing it's eye clean to your standards.
If not, out of the 0.9 range, I like

Also, maybe you can inquire about this one to see if it's eye clean.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results