shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on SI2 not eye clean from the side view??

swtmelissa

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a SI2 and as it turns out it is not eye clean from the side and I'm not sure what to think of that......Is it something I will see once it is in a setting? I would appreciate any thoughts/guidance in this regard.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
swtmelissa|1452642265|3975028 said:
I am looking at a SI2 and as it turns out it is not eye clean from the side and I'm not sure what to think of that......Is it something I will see once it is in a setting? I would appreciate any thoughts/guidance in this regard.

Well, how do you plan to set it? Where is it on the side? Towards the middle, top, or bottom?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Diamonds are graded from the top. it is easy to see even SI1 and sometimes as high as VS2 from the side. I have even seen a VS1 from the side in a 4 ct diamond. I was in a continuing education class at the Tucson Gem Show with the GIA and most of us in the trade were arguing with the instructor that it was a lucky cert as not a single one of us would have graded it a VS1.

The instructor kept saying it got the right grade. Then when I was taking him to the airport he privately told me he though it was a good solid SI1 his own self.

He has been gone for many years now, far more than I would like to admit, but it was a great class and he was a great instructor.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results