shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on Potential Anniversary Band

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seeking advice from PSers & experts, alike.
I am trying to decide if I want to purchase/layaway this Anniversary Band, or put the purchase on hold, and focus solely on an Anniversary band of my own creation (DH promised I could design & create my own).
I realize, ultimately, it's my budget & my decision...what I'd like help with is its appearance, fit on my hand, and how well it compliments my existing wedding set (photo attached with Anniversary Band photos). I intend to wear this as a RHR due to the width of the band.
Please be honest. I have long, slender fingers, but my hands are small, which makes real estate from knuckle to knuckle scarce!! The photos may make it difficult to determine, but these are the most clear photos I could take with my iPhone in the store (Anniversary Band), and outside in natural light, on a rainy day (Wedding Set).
The Anniversary Band is on hold for me for a month...and I'd love some insight.
Thank you, in advance!
CRM

IMG_4889.JPG

IMG_4890.JPG

IMG_4891.JPG

IMG_4770.JPG

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you having long slender fingers! The ring is lovely, but to me, it looks a little oversized on your finger, but that's just my opinion, and it's what you want and feel comfortable with that matters. The width of your existing band really suits your hand perfectly.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you having long slender fingers! The ring is lovely, but to me, it looks a little oversized on your finger, but that's just my opinion, and it's what you want and feel comfortable with that matters. The width of your existing band really suits your hand perfectly.
Thank you for your feedback. I don't believe the ring was ordered in my size, and it felt big, when I tried it on. It does appear "chunky", and that's why I started this thread; I don't want anything I wear to look out of place, and I certainly don't want to allow my love for bling to overshadow practicality. This will be a piece I'd like to wear every day with my set.
I appreciate your compliment about my WR. It fits like it was made for me, and I love it! The two pieces compliment each other, I believe.
The Anniversary Band is a combo of my ER & WR, wrapped up in one ring, and I think that's why I'm drawn to it. I just want to love it for all the right reasons, and I'm not convinced it's designed for my hand. Everyone sees things in different perspective, so it's best to get more than my opinion! lol!
Thank you so much, Austina!
:D

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you don't mind my opinion. I think it would be lovely to have something made to your own specifications, that way, you can ensure that it not only compliments your existing set (which is beautiful) but will also serve as a RHR.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also think it looks too bulky for your finger, both in width and in height. I recommend you keep looking or have something custom made. Your engagement ring is gorgeous and unique and I think a custom band will really compliment it.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you don't mind my opinion. I think it would be lovely to have something made to your own specifications, that way, you can ensure that it not only compliments your existing set (which is beautiful) but will also serve as a RHR.
My gut screamed red flags st me, when I put it on. I immediately got sick to my stomach because the wow factor I felt was in how sparkly it was, in person...not how amazing it looked on my hand.
I'm so glad I started this thread. Everyone views things differently, and just like love is blind", so is "diamond fever". This band is quite expensive, and I'd hate to put the money into it, only to have it sit in my jewelry box, and stare at it from afar.
I do appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling that it's just not right for me. :D

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think it looks too bulky for your finger, both in width and in height. I recommend you keep looking or have something custom made. Your engagement ring is gorgeous and unique and I think a custom band will really compliment it.
Top hat,
The band is 5-5.5mm wide, and it's def not a size 6 (which is what I wear on my 5.5 fingers for comfort). It takes up a lot of real estate on my hand, and to me, it felt awkward. It's actually thinner in appearance, in person, but it's a lot of metal, and it doesn't fit like a glove.
I believe a custom piece is my better bet, too. I started developing the blue prints with my jeweler of my dream anniversary band. My DH & I have a blended family, with a total of 6 children. I am working on a step Cut, U prong masterpiece with Asschers, baguettes & small rounds. I found inspiration for this band on Pinterest and my fellow PSers. I am combining different elements into it, as well as integrating my own flare and love of Step Cut stones into the creation of the band. It's important because it represents the most important part of our lives: our family.
This project is highly involved, and will likely take a lot of time to finish, so I was looking for something else to entertain me until it's all done...lol!
I need to practice what I preach: "be patient".
When it comes to diamonds, that's easier said than done. :lol-2:
Thank you for your feedback, and for the lovely compliment about my set, and my engagement ring. It means a lot to know someone else appreciate my beauties!! I must say my DH knocked me off my feet, when he opened the box, on one knee, and asked me to marry him. I won't lie: I closed the box just so I could focus on him & not the ring...lol!!
Thank you, again for your thoughts. I believe I just may keep looking!!! :))

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your feedback. I don't believe the ring was ordered in my size, and it felt big, when I tried it on. It does appear "chunky", and that's why I started this thread; I don't want anything I wear to look out of place, and I certainly don't want to allow my love for bling to overshadow practicality. This will be a piece I'd like to wear every day with my set.
I appreciate your compliment about my WR. It fits like it was made for me, and I love it! The two pieces compliment each other, I believe.
The Anniversary Band is a combo of my ER & WR, wrapped up in one ring, and I think that's why I'm drawn to it. I just want to love it for all the right reasons, and I'm not convinced it's designed for my hand. Everyone sees things in different perspective, so it's best to get more than my opinion! lol!
Thank you so much, Austina!
:D

First your engagement ring is perfect, your finger(s) are envious!

I think the ring looks overpowering to your engagement ring.. different style etc.. I DO think it would look better w/o you wearing your engagement ring with it.

I'm hitting 30 gloriously fun (stressful some) years with hubster, I am having a ring made to mark this momentous! anniversary.. the ring is exactly (I think :) ) what I have wished for.. for many years.. so my danged point is: if this is your ring of wishes then get it!! if it is't what you want, have one made.. my criterion was one thing: ACA diamonds (although one is not ha! but I was assured that it was just as beautiful).. I love the ring you have chosen Matthews1127. Can't wait to see what you decide! happy anniversary and many more to you and your S/O.

peace!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate,
I am humbled by your sweet words! I agree...it's just too much & takes away from my set. The more I sit & stare at the photos, the less inclined to get it I am. Not to mention, it's even more obvious to others with an unbiased eye.
I am extremely excited to hear you are celebrating 30 years of marriage with your DH!!! That's amazing! I'm a newlywed; we married in Nov., 2016! We just passed our 5 month mark, and I got butterflies...lol! You have my respect; that's quite an accomplishment, and a milestone, indeed!
I am now curious about YOUR Anniversary Band! I hope you will start a thread to share that beauty, once you have it!!! It sounds like it will be amazing, and so very special!!!! I'm so excited! :dance:
My Anniversary Band will take quite some time to manufacture, and it will take a while to save the money to put it into production. I don't expect to have it for several years...but my amazing man promised it to me, and it's in the beginning stages of production to evaluate cost & time. I couldn't be more excited!
Our story is simple: we met and grew up in childhood, in the same neighborhood...literally right around the corner from each other! We had mutual friends, but never spent time in the same circles. We graduated from HS, together, and life happened to both of us; some good...more bad. We reunited during the weekend of our 20 year HS reunion, and we have been inseparable, since. Now, we are married with a combined family of 4 boys & 2 girls; they are the shining stars of our lives. My diamond band will represent that.
I can't wait to get started! Once again...I must be patient...lol!
Thank you for your feedback, and the lovely compliments! I wish you & your DH 30+ more years of wedded bliss!!! :kiss:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright, PSers...
My DH went to the jeweler with me, today, to look at the band. He LIKES it...and told me if I want it, we'll get it!!! The more I stared at it, the more I really liked it...lol!! I seriously think I'm trying to talk myself out of it because I have my heart set on making my own...
I just can't believe he liked it...lol! I thought for sure he'd find something wrong with it. I was shocked that he didn't...he's not a jewelry person.
I think I need to put this idea on hold, and focus on the creation of my own.
*Sigh*

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews1127, back at you.. thank you for your lovely and kind words..

I love to hear about combined marriages and their kids.. for me it's always been about the love if I love you, your my kid :) doesn't matter.

my mother (bless her irish soul) did say: Kate, patience is a virtue.. (so try it girlie - my mom always found me to be a big pain and impatient!)... I look to see your ring.

Remember get what you want.. congrats again.. you are good mom.

peace :)

Tekate,
I am humbled by your sweet words! I agree...it's just too much & takes away from my set. The more I sit & stare at the photos, the less inclined to get it I am. Not to mention, it's even more obvious to others with an unbiased eye.
I am extremely excited to hear you are celebrating 30 years of marriage with your DH!!! That's amazing! I'm a newlywed; we married in Nov., 2016! We just passed our 5 month mark, and I got butterflies...lol! You have my respect; that's quite an accomplishment, and a milestone, indeed!
I am now curious about YOUR Anniversary Band! I hope you will start a thread to share that beauty, once you have it!!! It sounds like it will be amazing, and so very special!!!! I'm so excited! :dance:
My Anniversary Band will take quite some time to manufacture, and it will take a while to save the money to put it into production. I don't expect to have it for several years...but my amazing man promised it to me, and it's in the beginning stages of production to evaluate cost & time. I couldn't be more excited!
Our story is simple: we met and grew up in childhood, in the same neighborhood...literally right around the corner from each other! We had mutual friends, but never spent time in the same circles. We graduated from HS, together, and life happened to both of us; some good...more bad. We reunited during the weekend of our 20 year HS reunion, and we have been inseparable, since. Now, we are married with a combined family of 4 boys & 2 girls; they are the shining stars of our lives. My diamond band will represent that.
I can't wait to get started! Once again...I must be patient...lol!
Thank you for your feedback, and the lovely compliments! I wish you & your DH 30+ more years of wedded bliss!!! :kiss:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Takate,
Thank you! I'll be certain to start a thread, once I have it! Madame Bijoux would tell me to get BOTH...so, maybe I'll be surprised & surprise everyone else...lol!!
Patience is a virtue...and I'm determined to follow my heart. I will keep you posted!!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update:
The ring is still on hold, awaiting layaway. I am nearing my deadline, and I'll have to finalize my decision very soon.
My gut tells me to walk away (for now), and focus on creating my own.
Thank you everyone for your help, and honesty. I may surprise everyone (and myself), and get this one in a couple of years...lol!! :lol:

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious- did you decide to do?

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I passed on it...*shutter*...lol!
:wall:

I'm glad you did. I'm always hesitant to give my opinion if I don't like something; I don't want to insult a piece someone else likes. But I think that in the long run you'll be happier with your own design.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, kindly, everyone. I believe that timing is everything. I know I'll enjoy & appreciate something that is personal & my own design.
If I still feel strongly about the other piece, I'll be sure to make room for it...lol!!!
...CRM

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update:
I walked away from this ring, satisfied that it wasn't the right time. I was right...it wasn't the right time...THEN. TODAY was the right time...LOL!!

To back-track, I was due for my 6 month inspection & cleaning, so I took my rings in, yesterday. To my dismay, one of my round diamonds in my WR was loose, and it needed to be tightened. I left my set with them, overnight.
While I was there, we discussed sourcing 7 Asscher Diamonds for my Anniversary Band. We decided to source 7 0.25ct stones, and 7 0.30-0.33ct stones for comparison.
When I returned, today, to pick up my set, she mentioned that they never returned the band that I had special ordered & held, months ago; they kept it in stock. It's the only one on display; the rest are online. It has since been put on clearance for HALF the price. This design is going out of stock...for good!
After the calls were made to begin the sourcing process for my Asschers, today, we calculated & crunched numbers, and I decided to put the band that's on clearance on layaway!!! :lol-2:
This beauty is going to be mine!! I'm so excited!! I will soon have a RHR to match my wedding set!!!
In the meantime, I await word from my jeweler regarding my 7 Asschers (well, 14, in all)! I am ecstatic!! I need more bling in my life!! I can't wait!!! :mrgreen2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! How exciting to find it HALF price!! It is very pretty and obviously it was meant to be yours! I am very happy for you - enjoy!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! How exciting to find it HALF price!! It is very pretty and obviously it was meant to be yours! I am very happy for you - enjoy!!

Thank you, MissGotRocks! As this thread shows, I labored over this decision. I had talked myself out of this purchase more times than I can count...lol! DH saw it, and he loved it, which made it more difficult for me to walk away. I didn't want to spend the money, and decided to put my money toward a more personal piece.
After learning the ring was still there, and they marked it down half price, I couldn't force myself to leave without making certain it was mine! This style doesn't speak to everyone, but it's so ME! It was just meant to be. :mrgreen2:
It's something I can work with, in conjunction with creating my personal piece, so this was a win-win!! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Matthews! Nothing like a reduction in price to make the decision clear! I think it is a lovely ring...compliments your wedding set
nicely and has good presence on your finger. Enjoy your new ring!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! Congrats on an awesome new band and another one in the making! One can never have too much bling!:D

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, tyty333!!!
I'm so excited!!! I tried it on, again, yesterday & it just looks better & better every time I wear it!! I can't wait!!!
:mrgreen2:

SimoneDi,
I totally agree: one cannot have too much bling!! Introducing Step-Cuts into the family jewels is so much fun! lol!!! :lol-2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is too chunky. I have two channel set rounds one carat each that were overpowering my asscher, so now I am saving them to repurpose into a halo or something.

I have my eye on a 7 stone asscher band at blue nile, but I will have 3 in college next year so I can't buy it right now.

Just sit on it and the right idea will come to you....

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know HOW I missed your thread, but my first reaction was that the band looks great on your hand!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know HOW I missed your thread, but my first reaction was that the band looks great on your hand!

THANK YOU, motownmama!!! I really appreciate that!
Initially, I was hesitant...I wasn't sure what I thought of it...on ME. Over time, especially after I showed DH & he fell in love with it...on ME, I loved it more & more...on ME...lol! The ring, itself, is GORGEOUS! Photos just don't do it justice! It's made by the same designer of my engagement ring: Neil Lane, so it's an identical crafted piece to my set. The alternating rounds & baguettes perfectly match my WR, and my style. I think it would just be too much on my LH, but on my RH, it's perfect! I LOVE IT!!! :love:
Don't worry...I still have stacking room on my LH for my 7 Asscher Anniversary Band...lol!!! :lol-2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH surprised me today!! It’s my birthday!!! I opened up a gift, and inside was my diamond band!!!
I had put this on Layaway, months ago, and he went & paid it off for me for my birthday!!! I was speechless, when I opened the box & this band was staring back at me!!!
I am truly the most fortunate woman in the world!!! I actually cried!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
1285911A-7FBE-4C18-88BE-CE75EE073292.jpeg 299BB5AC-E331-456A-B97F-BF3A9098A679.jpeg BF156E13-4EFC-42B3-B513-493259D7E578.jpeg 49A1A142-C73A-404C-B41C-3D616625BF5E.jpeg 2B9E0D42-0827-420E-BEB2-6AAD4E4949C0.jpeg EFD235C9-A845-4356-9AD3-4B5CC141E91E.jpeg 19B8D9E2-C7C3-4338-BB49-B84AF127B231.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results