shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on engagement ring!

psychotron

Rough_Rock
Need some advice. I'm looking at a .78 ct GIA excellent cut, F, VS1 set on a A.Jaffe ring (size 4). I'm getting a quote of $8000, which seems high to me. I know I can get it cheaper online, but the price seems to be out of the normal price difference between online and in store. Also, how does the diamond look? Thanks!

Depth: 63.0%
Table: 55%
Crown Angle: 34.0%
Crown Height: 15.5%
Pavilion Angle: 41.2%
Pavilion Depth: 43.5%
Star Length: 55%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: M STK, Faceted (4.0%)
Culet: None
Polish: VG
Symmetry: EX
Fluorescence: None

GIA report says it has a crystal and cloud, but it was eye clean in the store.

Ryanrex

Rough_Rock
It's not the greatest diamond, HCA is 3.1. If you were getting a better price I'd say okay but it seems like you are paying a premium. What are the measurments of the diamond? It appears that this stone will be smaller than normal. I just bought a .72 F, IF perfect diamond for $5400. What is the setting worth?

psychotron

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick reply. I only just started looking into the HCA of a diamond.

Measurements are 5.84 - 5.87 x 3.69 mm. Not sure about the setting, but I think the platinum ring is around $1500.

mikeskinny22

Rough_Rock
It's not the greatest diamond

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not great at picking out stones and settings, but someone will be along in a bit. Don't get discouraged. I know it's hard to just see people ruling out your choices without providing alternatives. I do think that $8,000 sounds high for that diamond even with the name brand setting.

I'm not sure who carries that brand of settings, though it's usually possible to order a diamond online and get it set by someone else in store. If you do that, you'll need to insure your loose stone - the person setting it wouldn't be responsible for damage that may occur during setting.

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
psychotron|1319439096|3046431 said:
Also, how are people's experiences with Eternity Diamonds? With the internet discount :D , I found a great .91ct GIA excellent, F, VS2 HCA 1.3. Maybe I should buy a loose diamond and get it set in store.

http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/cert/rap/5116999257.jpg

This stone has potential. Request an IS image. Most stores will charge a setting fee if you do not purchase the stone from them. The fee should be minimal (~$100). You may also find a similar setting with better quality online.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
psychotron|1319439096|3046431 said:
Also, how are people's experiences with Eternity Diamonds? With the internet discount :D , I found a great .91ct GIA excellent, F, VS2 HCA 1.3. Maybe I should buy a loose diamond and get it set in store.

http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/cert/rap/5116999257.jpg

This stone looks good. Angles compliment each other.

Edit...I think the person who said "It's not the greatest diamond " after you posted this diamond might have
been referring to the first diamond you posted and didnt realize that another stone had been posted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results