shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on baguettes versus bullets

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
I originally wanted bullets for my 5 stone ring but they are double to price of baguettes and also the proportions are larger with the bullets since the vendor hasn't found smaller ones yet.
Opinions on this as a 5 stone with these baguettes or should I hold out for bullets? I don't want to always wish I had what I really wanted as can happen when settling.

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 12.19.44 PM.png ring.jpeg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I originally wanted bullets for my 5 stone ring but they are double to price of baguettes and also the proportions are larger with the bullets since the vendor hasn't found smaller ones yet.
Opinions on this as a 5 stone with these baguettes or should I hold out for bullets? I don't want to always wish I had what I really wanted as can happen when settling.

I like the proportions of the baguettes better. It lets your center diamond be the star. It just flows better IMHO.

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
I like the proportions of the baguettes better. It lets your center diamond be the star. It just flows better IMHO.

Curve ball! Vendor said they can cut the baguettes into bullets. LOL! I think that's a good idea. I like the pointed end of bullets as opposed to the flat end of baguettes but overall I agree the smaller size of the baguettes was more complimentary.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the bottom picture.

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
The proportions and angles on the baguettes are beautiful and flow incredibly well. The long dimension on those bullets was way too long to flow well.

If it was me, I dont think i would cut those tapered baguettes into bullets because I think it would then make the visual volume of those baguettes smaller and throw the proportions out. Even though the full length of the stone would be the same, the visual length of the stones with the bullet stops at the "base" of the triangle

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the baguettes better and I prefer them not pointed. I think it is because all of the lines are linear and that point draws my eyes. Pretty design.

Baguettes for sure. Straight ends look great! But I'm kind of liking tapered look too...

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should definitely follow your heart. Either way will be stunning. If you stay with bullets, maybe make sure you have a similar ratio to your inspiration, especially if he will be cutting the bags down.
Looking forward to seeing this!!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Shucks I love the bullets and would have said save up. But now that you can cut down the baguettes just go with that option. It will be awesome.

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
You should definitely follow your heart. Either way will be stunning. If you stay with bullets, maybe make sure you have a similar ratio to your inspiration, especially if he will be cutting the bags down.
Looking forward to seeing this!!

Thanks for mentioning that. I asked the vendor if the ratio will look similar. Good idea!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
I like the bullets too. I agree you should go with what you like and what you have been wanting. It will be interesting to see how the baguettes are cut into bullets The baguettes look pretty small and cutting into bullets would not take away from the ratios of your 5 stone IMO. Lovely inspiration ring. Those bullets look pretty large in the inspiration ring.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Bullets would pair perfectly with a pinched shank.

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
I like the bullets too. I agree you should go with what you like and what you have been wanting. It will be interesting to see how the baguettes are cut into bullets The baguettes look pretty small and cutting into bullets would not take away from the ratios of your 5 stone IMO. Lovely inspiration ring. Those bullets look pretty large in the inspiration ring.

I did mention if he needed to use chunkier baguettes to cut into bullets to do so. I asked if the proportions would be similar to the inspo ring. Let's hope so!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imo, bullets only if directly adjacent to the center stone. Otherwise, I do not think they add much apart from breadth. (Spouse has a small sapphire flanked by similar-width bullets and that's it.)

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I think bullets if it was a three-stone setting, but for five, I think baguettes are neater. Both look great so if you're keen on bullets, go for it.

StarshineSweet

Rough_Rock
Trade

Normally I'm a huge lover of the bullet cut. That pointed end just gets me. However, the ratio of the baguettes is definitely more appropriate with the scale of the traps in the set.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baguettes for me, as well. And not cut to be pointed. Could they make the shank come up like a point with a tiny bead prong to simulate the look of a bullet without the cost of a bullet (or recutting)?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results