shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on a 1.06 carat, excellent cut, D, i1 diamond…

jobu77

Rough_Rock
Options.
If you like any of them, PUT THEM ON HOLD while you ask for a copy of the report. Lurkers buy stuff we recommend all the time.

Cut on this one isnt perfect and we would need to see the report, but it has potential and hits the size you want. I color will show some tint, but not a ton.

Cut looks great, but J color so will show some tint.

My personal favorite bc the cut is nice, but again will show body color bc it's a J

Colorless, but would want to see the certificate to understand the inclusions. Also its .91

I was shopping around James Allen abs found this one. Does this look OK? Thanks for all the help btw. https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-10385729

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

jobu77

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for the help. I'm back to square one. There's a diamond recommended by lovedogs I'm close to getting, but I did one final search online and pulled up a few more. Wanted to get people's thoughts on these. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!

jobu77

Rough_Rock
Finally, I found these 2 on James Allen. With the GIA report attached. Thanks!
cert (1).jpeg cert.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much everyone for the help. I'm back to square one. There's a diamond recommended by lovedogs I'm close to getting, but I did one final search online and pulled up a few more. Wanted to get people's thoughts on these. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!

Both of these are virtual inventory and have no pics. So these arent the super ideal stones folks talk about when they recommend WF. I wouldnt recommend anything without pics/video

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally, I found these 2 on James Allen. With the GIA report attached. Thanks!
cert (1).jpeg cert.jpeg

Definitely no to the F as it isnt well cut at all. Table bigger than depth is always a bad sign. The H is ok. Deeper than we recommend and crown steeper than we recommend.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@jobu77 keep in mind that WF virtual inventory diamonds are not eligible for their upgrade program...only their in-house diamonds.

I'm not liking the proportions of the JA diamonds. :(

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP it would be really helpful if you knew the color tolerance of the intended. An ACA from WF in a J color will sparkle plenty. I wouldn't necessarily go to a J in a stone that wasn't super ideal but if you can figure out if they are color tolerant you can skip the E, F, G, H stones and maybe go down to a J. There are two or three WF ACAs in a J that might work if the color works. But if they are color sensitive, they might not. here is one.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
If you decide to take a chance on one of the WF VS diamonds: I'm loving the measurements and angles of both!

#2 (40.6° PA with 35.0° CA) a bit more.

jobu77

Rough_Rock
Hi, here’s a James Allen diamond I got from Love Dogs earlier as promising but need more info. I got the GIA report and wanted to see if it’s a good one. Thanks! 0AB56572-F16A-4B6C-B784-1D803CDB9671.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi, here’s a James Allen diamond I got from Love Dogs earlier as promising but need more info. I got the GIA report and wanted to see if it’s a good one. Thanks! 0AB56572-F16A-4B6C-B784-1D803CDB9671.jpeg

Diamond Screener Cut Estimator places it as GIA EX and just barely out of AGS Ideal.
Overall, I really like the proportions and look of this one - a LOT!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think this is a solid option if you dont want to upgrade, want higher color than J, and want 1ct

jobu77

Rough_Rock
So... I tried to buy this diamond it falls just out of my price range after taxes. I'm still considering it, but I wanted to vet this cheaper option I found on James Allen. It has a crown angle of 36, but it fell just within the parameter on the diamond screen cut estimator. I found another thread where a diamond with this parameter might have problems? Also, I'm not sure about anything else I miss? If this is no good, I'll try to find the extra $$ for the other one, but this price range feels more comfortable. Thanks!
cert (2).jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... I tried to buy this diamond it falls just out of my price range after taxes. I'm still considering it, but I wanted to vet this cheaper option I found on James Allen. It has a crown angle of 36, but it fell just within the parameter on the diamond screen cut estimator. I found another thread where a diamond with this parameter might have problems? Also, I'm not sure about anything else I miss? If this is no good, I'll try to find the extra $$ for the other one, but this price range feels more comfortable. Thanks!
cert (2).jpeg

I'm not a fan of this one :( Looks like the clouds are impacting the transparancy, and the steep crown plus 80% lowers is creating some leakage (I think, unless someone else knows a better reason why I think there's leakage).

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jobu77 please put the other stone on hold. you make no commitment in doing that and if you are still considering it, you don't want someone to buy it out from under you.

jobu77

Rough_Rock
Hi, thank you for the response.
I entered the parameters in Blue Nile in my price range and this is the only one that popped up. Unfortunately, they do not have a 360 view of this, so it's only a photo. Should I stay away?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 5.28.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 5.28.14 PM.png
    868.8 KB · Views: 9

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi, thank you for the response.
I entered the parameters in Blue Nile in my price range and this is the only one that popped up. Unfortunately, they do not have a 360 view of this, so it's only a photo. Should I stay away?

Amazingly, this one scores both GIA X and AGS Ideal in the Cut Estimator:

I would recommend you request advanced images to verify that there are no outlying issues, such as light leakage.
Screenshot_20210725-195616.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't buy a stone without any pics. They dont have any real images of the stone, so you dont actually know how it looks. I would ask for them.

jobu77

Rough_Rock
Hi,
So the PriceScope concierge sent me a list of diamonds. I went through, looked at the videos, entered everything in the cut estimator, and saw these 3 that could be promising. Wanted to get takes if people have time. Thanks!
I'm waiting on the GIA for this one:
Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 9.02.40 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 9.05.00 AM.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
So the PriceScope concierge sent me a list of diamonds. I went through, looked at the videos, entered everything in the cut estimator, and saw these 3 that could be promising. Wanted to get takes if people have time. Thanks!
I'm waiting on the GIA for this one:
Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 9.02.40 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 9.05.00 AM.png

Definitely rule out the 1.01. "Clarity is based on clouds not shown" = PASS, especially in SI1/SI2 stones, as it means the stone will look cloudy.

I really like the B2C option! Looks extremely nice. I would put that one on hold while you wait for the report.

jobu77

Rough_Rock
Here's the GIA on the B2C. Everything looks great except for the medium flourescence. Will this be an issue? Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 10.09.09 AM.png

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fluorescence is very rarely an issue and seemingly only more frequently (still rarely) in very colorless stones (D, E). B2C might be able to tell you if the Fluor is impacting transparency, but since the inclusions don’t list a bunch of clouds, I think it’ll be fine.

jobu77

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I put this on hold. I appreciate everyone's help. I'm excited to give this to my girlfriend and start our next chapter together. I really can't thank everyone enough.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I will say that I1 graded diamonds can be beautiful.

@Jax172, you are absolutely correct. I sold many of them during the first 30 years of my career. They are much harder to sell on line though, as the I1 is SCARY on a report. When someone is sitting in my office and not looking at the report, it has little to no scare factor as they believe their eyes.

;)2

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results