shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on 1ct Diamond, and recommendations

Dave90

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate your thoughts on the diamond below and also any recommendations for a 1ct diamond with a budget of between $4500 and $5000USD.

The main thing that i'm concerned about is:
Comments: Clouds are not shown. Pinpoints are not shown

I know it's not perfect, but I'm just looking for the best bang for my buck.

12512269_asset.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• OpenPdf.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 54

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate your thoughts on the diamond below and also any recommendations for a 1ct diamond with a budget of between $4500 and $5000USD.

The main thing that i'm concerned about is:
Comments: Clouds are not shown. Pinpoints are not shown

I know it's not perfect, but I'm just looking for the best bang for my buck.

12512269_asset.jpg

Thanks in advance!

I'm no expert but I think it looks very good to me - the table is very clean for an SI stone, and the whole stone looks very clean and crisp in the video on the website, with no obvious adverse effects from any clouds.

The angles also look good, so it should perform well in the HCA tool, and the ASET image is good.

Call B2C and place it on Hold ASAP, as otherwise it can get snapped up by other people viewing this forum.

Dave90

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I just spoke to their live chat, but I can't put it on hold. Would you recommend just snapping it up?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I just spoke to their live chat, but I can't put it on hold. Would you recommend just snapping it up?

Interesting - I thought all the PS-recommended vendors enable stones to be put on Hold. Perhaps @Diamond_Hawk might be able to confirm B2C's policies?

Their Returns policies are detailed on the site:

If you have the credit and don't mind dealing with the potential faff to return it, you could order it and evaluate it at home.

Will you be getting it set locally or by B2C? If locally, you need to check the store's insurance policies - accidents are rare but can happen, so you would want the stone to be fully insured for all damage/loss while in their care.

Dave90

Rough_Rock
This is the message I received:
I apologize! The diamond partner whom the diamond belongs to, does not have the policies to reserve their diamonds.

Since I'm sending it to Australia, returning isn't really an option for me unfortunately, so this massive decision is really the final one.

I'd be getting set by B2C.

My only final concern the the small black inclusion on the left. What are your thoughts. I'm ready to take the plunge on recommendations from you guys as I'm an absolute amateur.

Here are a few more images:

Stock # 12512269 - Hearts Image.jpg Stock # 12512269 - ASET Image.jpg Stock # 12512269 - Arrow Image.jpg

Dave90

Rough_Rock
I'm just about to snap this one up guys. Any final thoughts as to whether I should make the purchase or keep looking?

mission1

Shiny_Rock
Have you asked them how eye clean (to your definition) it is...whether the black inclusion is visible? Otherwise looks like good value.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ask if its eye clean? Are the clouds affecting it? (probably not)

I see that mission1 just said to asked about eye-clean so ditto.

The numbers are good, the aset looks decent and the price seems too good so I'm wondering if anything is wrong with it.

Dave90

Rough_Rock
The agent stated that it was eye clean. That's the only thing holding me back, should I trust what he has told me? Everything else as you said seems great, and I am also wondering if there is something I'm missing.

I can't find anything else on par at the same price-point.

I think I'll take the risk and sleep on it for the moment, I'm still thinking I should proceed with the purchase, just a little hesitant.

The agent has recommended the below to consider, but none look as good:

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
It has faint flourescence which could knock the price down a little.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't like any of these as well as your initial selection.

The first two are 60/60 style stones and will have a different personality. That's neither good nor bad, but not exactly an apples to apples comparison. Also, you have no images, video or advanced images to make an educated decision upon. Lastly, the clarity plots on both look worse than your initial selection.

The 3rd alternate pick will have a more similar personality to the stone you originally selected, but no video or advanced images. From the image available, there are black crystals on the table which I don't like and I personally consider a 35/40.8 to be a hit/miss sort of ordeal. I'd want to see an ASET before committing. Between lack of information and a messier plot and inclusions I like less, I'd still prefer your initial pick over this one.

mission1

Shiny_Rock
It has faint flourescence which could knock the price down a little.

I doubt faint flourescence makes a discernible different to pricing.

OP if it’s just the eyeclean aspect you’re concerned about, can you talk to them to confirm (not just online chat) to get the reassurance you need? That black blob is going to be 20-50x smaller than it looks on your screen...can’t remember if it says what the magnification is but you can measure the diamond diameter on the screen image and work out roughly how much.

Bit of a faff given your location, but you could return it if unhappy.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
I doubt faint flourescence makes a discernible different to pricing.

OP if it’s just the eyeclean aspect you’re concerned about, can you talk to them to confirm (not just online chat) to get the reassurance you need? That black blob is going to be 20-50x smaller than it looks on your screen...can’t remember if it says what the magnification is but you can measure the diamond diameter on the screen image and work out roughly how much.

Bit of a faff given your location, but you could return it if unhappy.

Hence " a little"

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hence " a little"

GIA reports as none or faint. AGS reports as negligible and captures both the none & faint categories.

Discounts start applying at medium+ levels.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
GIA reports as none or faint. AGS reports as negligible and captures both the none & faint categories.

Discounts start applying at medium+ levels.

Ok. apologies for incorrect information.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. apologies for incorrect information.

No biggie.

You do bring up a valid point though. Many times bargains can be found by shopping for stones with medium+ levels of fluor, if a buyer isn't bothered by it.

I bought my wife a BGD stone with medium blue. Got a discount and no negative effects. Win-win.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results