shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts about work on this ring?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I hope my pic is good enough to work with here (camera phone, sigh). I like this ring a lot overall but I don't like the two stones at the top and bottom or their mountings. They were originally a pair of low grade diamond earrings that I had a jeweler plunk onto the ring before I knew any better, because at the time I thought the ring looked too bare with just the one little center diamond.

I'm wondering if I could have those two end diamonds and the metal surrounding them removed, then replaced with smaller mountings (and better diamonds), so the side stones appear clearly smaller than the center stone? As is, the end stones and center appear pretty much the same size because their mountings are the same size, and I don't care for that either.

If that would be too messy, then maybe I could at least get the two end stones replaced with better diamonds?

Or do y'all think I'm being ridiculously nitpicky? Would it bother you?

Also, any "guesstimates" on what I could expect to pay?

I've moved and don't have a new local jeweler yet so would I like to go in with some knowledge about it if I get it worked on (and maybe with the two better diamonds as well). TIA!

shieldring.jpg

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
A couple more tries with the pics:
sr1.jpg sr2.jpg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That setting is completely up my street! I love it. If the two end diamonds are normal stock sizes, I’d be so tempted to swap them out with some gorgeous CS..

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
That setting is completely up my street! I love it. If the two end diamonds are normal stock sizes, I’d be so tempted to swap them out with some gorgeous CS..

Ooh that’s a good idea. Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results