shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts about 2ct in a halo setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hi PScopers! I am new to PS and have been reading about all the great advice you have given to your fellow PS. I recently got engaged and my fiance presented me with a beautiful 2.19ct RB in a beautiful setting (which looks like the white gold ring at this link http://rings2000.com/). However, I have my heart set on a halo setting, split shank, but it might look too big with the 2ct on my finger. I am a size 5.

I would like something similar to the James Allen E6 by Danhov
(Link: http://www.jamesallen.com/designer_jewelry/meno_collection_by_danhov.asp?module=setting&cid=294&item=88)

Or the Simon G model LP1921 (can''t get a link for this)

What are your thoughts? Is it possible to do a halo? I am in the SJ bay area, any recommendations for jewelers there?

Thanks!
35.gif

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Wow, yeah that would look huge on your small finger. But if that is what you want, go for it, it is all about personal preference.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
This will give you an idea. My ring is a 2.02 ct in a size 5. Hope this helps.

loradbl333.JPG

Thanks for your replies!!!

Lora, your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Where did you get the setting?

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
tooo much bling???? theres no such thing!!!! LOL.
I wear a size 5 and I would go for it! but, yes, its all personal preferences and comfort.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 3:43:41 PM
Author: curiousaboutdiamonds
Thanks for your replies!!!

Lora, your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Where did you get the setting?

I''m not Lora but I''m pretty sure she bought the setting from
diamonds by Lauren

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Thanks mrssalvo, my ring is from Diamonds by Lauren. Curiousaboutdiamonds, I don''t think the 2 ct looks too big in a halo at all. We have the same size finger, and I haven''t had anyone say that it looks like too much. I had reservations about possible overkill, but in my opinion, the halo looks perfect. As far as using someone in the SJ bay area, I can''t help you, but I am no where near Diamonds by Lauren, and they were wonderful to work with. We did everything by e-mail and phone, and their service was outstanding. My ring is featured on their web page under "semi-mounts". Their prices were better than any I found. If you have any more questions, just let me know. Good luck!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it will be spectacular. Never too my bling IMO. It will look huge on a size 5 finger, but if you normally wear larger jewelry, it will be fine. My pear is 2.07 with a halo, size 6 ring. I''m sure it''s over the top for many people, but I always wear larger rings, so I love it.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2 ct marquise (which is already big, as marquises look bigger than othe cuts for their size) and mine is in a halo. My finger size is 5.5. Definitely not too much. Go for it
1.gif

Thanks everyone for all your advice and encouragement! I will definitely check out Diamonds by Lauren. Thanks again!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results