shape
carat
color
clarity

This makes me mad

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you guys for the support, to me and to everyone else. I actually got some pushback in real life when I chose to go with moissanite as if it somehow diminished my rings(but why, you don't have to?). I guess I just don't see the point of limitation. Get what you love whether it be moissanite, mined, mmd, CZ, CS, whatever floats your boat!
I didn't really show them off anywhere @Daisys and Diamonds. Just the one thread when I had them made. But you notice my avatar- so they've been seen all over anyhow :bigsmile:
@AnastasiaBeaverhausen I'm truly flattered! I love them and I love the moissy. Julia did an excellent job. I'm excited for the hunt for your oval!
@OboeGal I do feel welcomed by all the great people I talk to on PS. I love talking to all you guys and sharing your journeys. There are lots of good eggs and I'm happy to be in the scramble with you all.

I know the distinction is made because this is a consumer forum and they have interests to protect, but it quickly could become self defeating with all the rapid technological advancements and changing social acceptance/perception. Truth is, there's room for everybody! I'm always going to fawn over and swoon the sparkly baubles.

If you have moissanite there is a stacking type thread for it in fashion jewllery if you haven't seen it already! I love that thread! Very jealous I can't participate yet because I just have lab coloured stones lol! But I love looking at how people who do have some are wearing it!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have posted both lab diamonds and Pearls in SMTB. I believe there was a clarification from the admin that it is okay as long as we don't explicitly talk in detail or at length about them. They have appeared on many of my posts in the "Stack of the day" or "most worn jewelry looks"....I wear a combo of mined, lab grown, pearls every day....and in the process of having a mined/mmd 3-stone ring made too. You will see THAT coming soon on SMTB.

So, I just posted my mixed Natural/MMD 3-stone in the 3-stone girls thread in SMTB. I did not however, start its own thread. I think that has been my MO with MMD so far and it seems to be okay (fingers crossed) with the self appointed MMD patrol so far.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
So, I just posted my mixed Natural/MMD 3-stone in the 3-stone girls thread in SMTB. I did not however, start its own thread. I think that has been my MO with MMD so far and it seems to be okay (fingers crossed) with the self appointed MMD patrol so far.
I forget sometimes, because to me all my jewelry is just stuff I love and wear interchangeably. I posted in the “show me your everyday bracelet” thread then deleted since my tennis bracelet is lab created... but it IS my everyday bracelet :lol:

I have a mix of lab and mined and don’t understand why people get emotional over it, as long as we are all forthcoming when discussing origin on the forum. I don’t buy items with plans of resale, just for personal enjoyment, and have a cap on how much I want to spend on jewelry so I like having vintage/resale and lab stones as options.

In “real life” i feel that it would be quite gauche to grill someone about their jewelry- compliment it if it’s pretty and otherwise who cares! If a business or consumer wants to stick with mined that doesn’t bother me, but no reason to put down other choices or be so rigid about what’s considered “fine jewelry”.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My future daughter-in-law did not want a mined diamond and made her point very clear. My son found a lab diamond for her set in rose gold (like she wanted) and she is pleased and it is beautiful and they didn’t end up spending money they didn’t have. Whatever you like, however you like, go for it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results