shape
carat
color
clarity

This is the best bargain I have ever seen!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elgar

Rough_Rock
What is up with this??? Money back guarantee and everything!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2647040169&category=43163

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
What's up is the seller has NO feedback from ever having sold anything on ebay. He/she has only 2 feedbacks, both from buying things. I can't imagine anyone with even half a brain bidding on that auction.

elgar

Rough_Rock
49 Bids already!

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
Wow...that is a deal. With his (2) feedback, I'd be worried he'd take the payment and never ship the stones. Mind you, his 2 feedback were for items priced at $200+ and $400+ so it's not AS suspicious as a couple of dollar items to get his feedback up...still...seems WAY to good to be true.

-spencer

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, 49 bids, all by the same 10 people, only 4 of whom have more than 1 feedback. Looks like a bunch of shills, with perhaps a fool or two thrown in for good measure. If you value your money, run away.

Say, how many posts have YOU made here on Pricescope? You wouldn't happen to be connected to the seller, would you?

(Edited to say that was directed at Elgar, not Manhattan01.)

elgar

Rough_Rock
No I am not related to the person posting the ebay auction. As a matter of fact I think you would be a complete fool to bid on that item unless you put it on credit card so you can contest the charge when you send it back because its junk!

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
When you buy from a newer seller on ebay, you tend to get a better price because of the risk involved. The small amount of risk you'd take on if you purchased with a credit card could be worth it if you get a really great deal.

Mind you, the seller should know this, and should be expecting to potentially lose some money, so I'm surprised they'd list such a (hypothetically) expensive item before establishing more of a reputation. Hmmmmm.
rolleyes.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh, sorry, Elgar, I guess I was rude. I assumed when a new member started posting apparently approvingly about what looks like an obvious scam, he must be the scammer. I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

Dancingmel, yes, you would think if you were legitimately trying to sell a $29,000 item you'd take the trouble to establish a track record first.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results