shape
carat
color
clarity

This is a real Akoya pearls?

newusers

Rough_Rock
i want to buy this gift and seller says Akoya pearls how can i undrestan this isa Akoya pearls?
akoya-istiridye-incileri.png

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
You can't . They are not akoya pearls. There are many threads about this "some are calling it a SCAM" at the other forum. I can't post the link on this forum. Some sell freshwater shells, some sell akoya shells, the pearls that were PLACED inside the dead mullusk are always freshwater pearls.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are freshwater pearls that have been placed inside an oyster shell, which is then treated chemically to make the shell pull tightly closed.

This creates the illusion that the pearl was cultured in that oyster. It wasn't.

newusers

Rough_Rock
Yes seller says same freshwater pearls diffurunt. And show univercity certificate. so what do you think.? And this is expensive than other freshwater pearls. And says buy and if you dont belaveive me sent your pearl to univerty for your self test... :shock:
akoya.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
akoya-istiridye-incileri.png

Look at the photo you posted-- see the color range of the pearls in the photo, including pink? That is evidence that they are freshwater pearls. Akoya pearls are not naturally pink. But freshwater pearls come in a range of natural colors: white, peach, pink, lavender, and some fancy colors.

It's easy for them to tell you to have the pearl tested. But who would be willing to pay to have that done? The cost of the test would be greater than the cost of the pearl. As for the certificate, anything can be written on a certificate! In fact, it's interesting that your certificate shows a specific color-- white. How would the seller know that a particular oyster held a white pearl (rather than a pink one) unless they put it in there?

There are a number of these pearl-in-a can sellers, and these oysters have been sold as tourist trap souvenirs for many years. Nowadays you can find a number of videos of these on Facebook and YouTube, where the seller opens the oyster on camera and surprise, out pops a pearl. Often the pearls are pink, peach, lavender, or black (the black ones are dyed.) To anyone who knows about pearls, it is obvious they are freshwater pearls.

Look, this is up to you, but obviously you have your suspicions about this. So why not just buy your gift from a local jeweler, or go online and buy from a trustworthy online vendor? There is a sticky thread on this forum with names of vendors people have found to be trustworthy.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Certificates like this are not worth the money for the paper they are printed on. These pearls are of little value as the seller knows. No one is going to go though the trouble and expense to send a freshwater pearl worth a dollar to a lab for testing. If you choose to buy this item don't say you were not warned. This is no gift unless just for the fun of opening the shell and finding a pearl that was PLACED inside.
You don't say how much this item is for sale for, but here is a ad for some whole sale on Alibaba. This company is telling buyers their pearls are akoya also. As you can see they are freshwater and some were even dyed before placing them into the DEAD mollusk.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Just one of many for sale for a few dollars.

img_14043.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Who or what is driving this trend to pearls in the can?

SAVE YOUR MONEY!! It's a scam.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know, but it's gross (dead, rotting oyster preserved in toxic chemicals, stuffed with cheap crappy pearls sold as something they are not). And it's like the fifth time this question has come up over the two boards this month. What gives? Are sellers trying to push them by pretending to be buyers?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's just a fad. Of course this sort of "wish pearl" has been around at tourist traps for many years but the explosion of interest is a fad.

newusers

Rough_Rock
Firstly thanky very much for all your clear explain.
This is not chines items. This seller in Turkish. me to in Turkey, but faraway from my city, and sellers have more than one realshop i know lots of produckt on alibaba and similer website same as Turkey.

Seller said to me sent to goods labor and if freshwater i will pay labor fee by me.. i thinking to buy for my wife suprice gift.

you can see on photo for compare bouth items.

efsane-inci-kolye-seti-akoya.jpg
tek-tas.jpg

can i share website link?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pearls, however, come from China.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That pearl in the picture is a cheap freshwater pearl from China. Buy it if you want, but know that's what you're buying.

newusers

Rough_Rock
i think all pearls comes from chine.

But this one i cant find on alibaba or dealextream anybody help for this where can i find cheaper?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
There is a lady on facebook in America selling the shells for $15.00 and the setting for $15.00. There must be shipping charges and it wouldn't get to Turkey by Christmas, if that is what your gift is for. How much are they charging you for this set?

newusers

Rough_Rock
This one 150 USD with AA+ Akoya pearl with silver nacle and chain

This is 75USD with silver nacle and chain freshwater pearls
tek-tas.jpg

and this one is 7 USD metal nackle and chain.
okyanusun-gizemi1414414992544e4290026d7.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results