shape
carat
color
clarity

This is a must see!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
this should come with a warning of what is to be seen.
14.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
What''s wrong Belle- you don''t have a nice cup of python/alligator midsection explosion with your morning donut? LOL..

Imurden- put a warning on your post for the love of g*d!!! LOL

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 9:03:37 AM
Author: moremoremore
What''s wrong Belle- you don''t have a nice cup of python/alligator midsection explosion with your morning donut? LOL..

Imurden- put a warning on your post for the love of g*d!!! LOL
you crack me up girl

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nature can be revolting at times!
14.gif
I guess he got too greedy!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard about this on the radio. You''d think the alligator could have chewed his way out quicker.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I just ate a donut and I''m fine!
18.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
ROTFL!!! It takes a lot worse to keep me from my donut too!!!!!!!!! LOLOL.... Chocolate cream filled. Sweet mother of g*d. I actually had one yesterday. I looked like a clown with a ring of powdered sugar on my face...noticed it about an hour later LOLOLOL

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I can't figure out exactly what I'm looking at. I can clearly see the alligator tail, but the rest is confusing. What's that thing jutting out to the side? Are we to assume that the snake didn't kill the alligator (if this is even possible) before trying to eat it?

ETA I think I get it now. The snake appears to have split in half??

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2005 11:46:26 AM
Author: Demelza
I can't figure out exactly what I'm looking at. I can clearly see the alligator tail, but the rest is confusing. What's that thing jutting out to the side? Are we to assume that the snake didn't kill the alligator (if this is even possible) before trying to eat it?

I haven't looked. Belle's warning kept me from doing so inadvertently! All I know about boa constrictors I learned from, Le Petit Prince, which I read in French back in the days before my French was very good! Given this background, I am afraid I am of little use in explaining how boa constrictors eat their prey! Wait! Do pythons even kill their prey the same way that boa constrictors do?

Deb :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yuck!!! I couldn''t tell at first what I was looking at. Ok no lunch for moi.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! yuk!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 11:53:33 AM
Author: AGBF

Date: 10/6/2005 11:46:26 AM

I can''t figure out exactly what I''m looking at. I can clearly see the alligator tail, but the rest is confusing. What''s that thing jutting out to the side? Are we to assume that the snake didn''t kill the alligator (if this is even possible) before trying to eat it?

I haven''t looked. Belle''s warning kept me from doing so inadvertently! All I know about boa constrictors I learned from, Le Petit Prince, which I read in French back in the days before my French was very good! Given this background, I am afraid I am of little use in explaining how boa constrictors eat their prey! Wait! Do pythons even kill their prey the same way that boa constrictors do?

Deb :)
I don''t think Pythons are Boa Constrictors. My understanding is that Boas kills their prey by strangling them to death. I think Pythons swallow their prey.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think Pythons are Boa Constrictors. My understanding is that Boas kills their prey by strangling them to death. I think Pythons swallow their prey.
Everyone swallows their prey...eventually. Even us!
3.gif

I haven''t looked yet either...maybe after lunch...
28.gif

After watching more "Animal Planet" than I like to admit, I think Pythons are in fact constrictors too.

widget

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 12:36:20 PM
Author: widget

Everyone swallows their prey...eventually. Even us!
3.gif

I haven''t looked yet either...maybe after lunch...
28.gif

After watching more ''Animal Planet'' than I like to admit, I think Pythons are in fact constrictors too.

widget

True, indeed. Silly me. I wasn''t thinking. I did a bit of research, though, and you are right that Pythons are constrictors and some can grow up to 30 feet long!! The Burmese Python grows up to 15 feet and eats rodents when young, large rats at one year old, and chickens or rabbits when full grown. I guess nobody told this Python that he wasn''t supposed to eat an alligator! Fascinating!!

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
I read about this on the Yahoo News page last night. There was also a video clip with it...I''m trying to find it so I can post a link. According to the article, this isn''t the first time this has happened in the Everglades.

Apparently, there has become a real problem with people releasing their exotic pets into the Everglades once they outgrow their "cuteness" or the pet-owner decides to move on to the next trend in pet-ownership. This particular snake was a Burmese Python.

Needless to say, this is not a native species.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I read about this earlier today. I guess there is a big problem with these snakes that are not natural that environment killing lots of other creatures, including otters, squirrels, etc. And even alligators (although in the past, it always seemed to be equal odds that the python or alligator would win, or even just a draw). People have these pythons as pets and then release them into the wild unfortunately.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Anybody consider the fact that a snake large enough to attempt to swallow a 6 FOOT alligator would have no trouble swallowing a child or an adult like me for instance?
23.gif
Yipes.

Shay

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just what happens when your eyes are bigger than your stomach. . .

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Ok.. what you are saying is...

THIS THING WAS A PET???

Really? how did they even "drop it off".

When was too big? 20 ft? 25 ft?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/7/2005 1:04:20 PM
Author: laney
When was too big? 20 ft? 25 ft?

If it was a pet, it might have been left off when it was a mere 11 or 12 feet. It was 13 feet when it swallowed the alligator.

Deborah

Diamond Princess

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ummmm.... If I lived in Miami, I would NOT go out after dark or let my pets out knowing that something that HUGE could be lurking in my backyard. *scratches Florida off of her list of places to live*
14.gif

I am going to have nightmares just from seeing that picture!

35.gif

Jamie
www.whiteflash.com

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. - pythons, boas and anacondas all kill by constriction.
2. - the gator was dead when it was swallowed - The snake couldn''t digest it and died.
3. none of the above can swallow a full grown human but all can kill them. At one time there were anacondas that could but one big enough to do it hasnt been found in over a 100 years.
4. Burmese python make good pets untill they get around 8-10 feet or so then they tend to get nasty and very few people can safetly handle them once they get that size. Thats why you see a lot of them released.
5. I question it being a Burmese a rock python would be more likely to tackle a gator.

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/reptiles/snakes/Pythonprintout.shtml

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My grandfather was stationed in the Phillipines during WWI, walking through the forest a giant snake (anaconda?) dropped on him from the trees and tried to kill him! He killed it. I don''t know where it is now, but my mom used to have the picture from the newpaper of him holding this giant dead snake, of I don''t know, around 15 feet long. Though it doesn''t happen too often, those snakes do try to take on people sometimes, and though they may not be able to swallow you, they can definitely kill you.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oops I mean WWII actually it must have been a python, not an anaconda (aren''t those only found in the amazon?)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with you Jamie...after visiting FL in August and also visiting the Everglades...you could just be walking around by the water one day and some alligator could come and bite you...how fun is that??
20.gif

JC

Shiny_Rock
WOW! I didn''t realize that a snake could beat an alligator in a fight. However, I guess they both lost this one......

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2005 12:13:02 PM
Author: part gypsy
My grandfather was stationed in the Phillipines during WWI, walking through the forest a giant snake (anaconda?) dropped on him from the trees and tried to kill him! He killed it. I don''t know where it is now, but my mom used to have the picture from the newpaper of him holding this giant dead snake, of I don''t know, around 15 feet long. Though it doesn''t happen too often, those snakes do try to take on people sometimes, and though they may not be able to swallow you, they can definitely kill you.
In that part of the world, I would guess riticulated python. They get to be monstrous, and they are famous for their lousy dispositions. Yes, anacondas habitat is the amazon jungle. Rit. pythons are from all over jungle parts of asia. I spend way too much time on animal planet.

Shay

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
what in the world?!?!?!
23.gif
23.gif
6.gif
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results