shape
carat
color
clarity

This Ebay Auction

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
Talk about a lack of information!
33.gif

Is it real, or is it a CZ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-5-diamond-engagement-ring-14-kt-gold-diamond_W0QQitemZ150279609986QQihZ005QQcategoryZ67726QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
It should normally say "CZ" but the lack of information (color, clarity, etc) is worrisome. I wouldn''t buy it, but that is just me.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, she calls it a diamond, says it's natural, and talks about inclusions, which a CZ wouldn't have. *shrugs* It probably doesn't have a grading report, hence the lack of info.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It seems likely to be a diamond, but that’s not saying all that much.
‘Barely visible inclusions’ I would take to mean, at best, I-2.
No color I would take to mean P/Q/R range.
No cut I would take to mean Poor.

I'm not at all surprised that no one hired a lab to report on a stone like that. What's the point?

It's worth noting that this is the sellers very first sale. What little feedback she/he has is as a buyer although he/she does seem to pay for her purchases which I suppose does tell you something.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

beau13

Ideal_Rock
It says "champagne color"

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
I guess my question should have been, should one believe/bid on something like this? Not that it is portrayed in the auction as a CZ, but, what if you get it and it IS a CZ. I mean, with no certs, who is willing, unless they have disposable income, to really plunk down that kind of money on a "chance"? It says Champagne color. What kind of grading would give that color? Does it really matter if it is a warm color, but not a lot of visible inclusions? It is a nice size. I can''t see any on my screen. Just wondering.....

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2008 3:02:40 PM
Author: starsapphire
I guess my question should have been, should one believe/bid on something like this? Not that it is portrayed in the auction as a CZ, but, what if you get it and it IS a CZ. I mean, with no certs, who is willing, unless they have disposable income, to really plunk down that kind of money on a ''chance''? It says Champagne color. What kind of grading would give that color? Does it really matter if it is a warm color, but not a lot of visible inclusions? It is a nice size. I can''t see any on my screen. Just wondering.....
Okay, I''ll bite. 1. You could be effed- the seller is brand new, no selling feedback so you might have paid $800 for a lesson on how not to use ebay. 2. I wouldn''t, but somebody obviously did. 3. No grading report- just the seller''s opinion, I''ll bet. 4. Not to me, so much, but it''s a personal thing- some people are majorly color sensitive and would never go under the Colorless (D-E-F) range... I like antique cuts particularly with some color, in fact... but this particular one might be/probably is a top brown, which is kinda icky looking IMO, if not cut well.

My guess is that it IS a diamond, just a badly cut, low color, I clarity grade stone. Yeah, it''s biggish. Which is probably why *someone* plunked down $ on it despite the iffyness of everything. And of course you might get a whole lot of nothing in the mail from a brand new seller... or you might get "lucky" and get what you paid for- a not-very-sparkly, visibly included, brownish diamond. You can definitely see some brownish color in the side shot particularly, so either the seller has pics of a low color grade diamond, or they are selling a diamond- it''s not likely a CZ in the pic, anyway. And you only have a few far away shots of the stone, and the seller''s so-useful opinion that the inclusions are "hard to see". Hmm. No thanks.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
You can always ask the seller for additional, more explicit info...

OOps - didn't notice the auction had ended. Someone got a 1.5 ct something for $810.00.
23.gif

RBD hunter

Rough_Rock
Is it real, or is it a CZ?

Is it live OR Memorex.

I did some checking into the seller, seller was new to the name not the game
previously sold under
123khair from feb-23-06 to Aug-05-08.

Someone just bought into the 1.5 club for $800
36.gif

<<< Just like me a little more seasoned but under a new name
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results