clarity

This 1 carat ring on diamond bistro

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone just posted about this listing on preloved about it possibly being a fraudulent listing. Very carefully check this out. If it seems too good to be true...

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh i hadn’t thought to check pre loved. thanks! this particular DB user has been posting large and incredibly cheap “diamond” rings for several days now. in his descriptions he always discourages questions about the jewelry so i think that’s what made me pause about this. i’ll check out the pre loved thread.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He says no paypal because it takes several days to get the money... I'm pretty sure he's saying no paypal because they have buyer protection, which is something the others don't have, and prefers Western Union, the preferred choice of scammers everywhere. Looks like a scam to me.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I inquired about the 3ct ring because I was pretty sure it was a scam. The listing said it was a lab diamond, but in his reply he said it was "60% moissanite". So, uh, yeah. I'd stay away.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately fraudsters are everywhere.
The number 1 rule for buying on line is paying by a safe method and that is PayPal.
Never pay with Western Union, ever!
Always connect with a seller before payment, ask for a few more specific photos ie Could i please see a photo outside in sunshine against a dark blue background. This quickly shows if the item is in the actual possession of the seller.
That said, most sellers are honest and trustworthy, it’s just the handful of slime bags trying to ruin it.
So be alert to telltale signs of fraudsters - too cheap prices, payment methods other than PayPal, somewhat weirdly worded listings signifying that their English isn’t great and an inability to provide you with extra photos specific to how you ask for them. Normal sellers are keen to interact with a potential buyer and provide extra information or photos.
And if your “gut instinct” tells you something is amiss - it usually is.

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It really sucks because I've had really weird strange transactions on diamondbistro lately! scammers suck ):

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And if you’re ever selling online, never use any provided “link” in a message for PayPal payment. Always log onto PayPal via the “www.paypal.com” in your search bar.
This is a known scam, the link in an email directs you to a fraudelent site. Also never even accept Cheques, bank drafts, these are likely fraudulent. Especially the one where it’s a Cheque or bank draft for more money asking you to pay now, on the buyers behalf via Western Union, for insurance or special shipping. That’s the scam. You pay / send off your good and real money and a few days later the Cheque or bank draft turns out to be fake. And you’ve lost the money you sent via Western Union.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I once found an antique ring on Etsy that I really liked. When i inquired it’s specs, she said it was a 2ct D IF. She was asking $500 for it. :lol: When I told her that was worth a minimum of $40,000 she explained that she just needed some quick cash. HARD PASS ON THAT ONE!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results