shape
carat
color
clarity

Third time's the charm

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know that when you buy a new piece of jewelry it's like someone turns off the sun! Seriously no sun today but hopefully these do this amazing ring some justice.

A few people have asked "how do you let go of things and do you regret it after?" regarding selling my OEC diamond. No regrets and it's a process that starts with an idea and it takes shape from there. Also I felt very blessed to come across that diamond and wanted to share that joy with another PS'er so she went home to @stracci2000 where she is adored and that helps being able to let go.

I've read some threads lately (older ones) where someone will say that it was a journey to figure out exactly what they wanted and that's kind of how this went too. I've had illusion settings, Art Deco, mahenge spinel, colored stones etc, tried Moissanite to see what that hype was but in the end something was missing.

Here we have the result of a lot of thought. Requirements were Art Deco and platinum with a transitional diamond in a square setting and I wanted something more than a solitaire, it had to have an interesting setting but nothing crazy, it had to be wearable.

The seller I bought this from on Etsy was great, she offered me a 2 month hold with no deposit and would accept a return after purchase...sold! The center diamond is an F color VS1 half carat transitional with two marquise on either side and then single cuts surrounding. The prior owner had the ring completely checked over and prongs re-tipped so it's literally as good as new. It also has milgrain and a knife edge band that goes all the way around. The total carat weight on this is somewhere between .85 and one carat.

This ring is smaller than I need but I am actively losing weight so I'm not going to resize it, it is tight (you can see that clearly in the pictures) but it will be the perfect look once I lose some more and I also don't want to disturb that knife edge.

I plan on just wearing it as is without a band, hey since stacked rings were and still are a thing maybe one ring will be the next one!

Here are some pictures including my current collection, I realized after that I forgot my pink tourmaline band but I still have it!

IMG_7112.JPG IMG_7113.JPG IMG_7114.JPG IMG_7115.JPG IMG_7117.JPG IMG_7120.JPG IMG_7123.JPG IMG_7124.JPG IMG_7125.JPG IMG_7126.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know that when you buy a new piece of jewelry it's like someone turns off the sun! Seriously no sun today but hopefully these do this amazing ring some justice.

A few people have asked "how do you let go of things and do you regret it after?" regarding selling my OEC diamond. No regrets and it's a process that starts with an idea and it takes shape from there. Also I felt very blessed to come across that diamond and wanted to share that joy with another PS'er so she went home to @stracci2000 where she is adored and that helps being able to let go.

I've read some threads lately (older ones) where someone will say that it was a journey to figure out exactly what they wanted and that's kind of how this went too. I've had illusion settings, Art Deco, mahenge spinel, colored stones etc, tried Moissanite to see what that hype was but in the end something was missing.

Here we have the result of a lot of thought. Requirements were Art Deco and platinum with a transitional diamond in a square setting and I wanted something more than a solitaire, it had to have an interesting setting but nothing crazy, it had to be wearable.

The seller I bought this from on Etsy was great, she offered me a 2 month hold with no deposit and would accept a return after purchase...sold! The center diamond is an F color VS1 half carat transitional with two marquise on either side and then single cuts surrounding. The prior owner had the ring completely checked over and prongs re-tipped so it's literally as good as new. It also has milgrain and a knife edge band that goes all the way around. The total carat weight on this is somewhere between .85 and one carat.

This ring is smaller than I need but I am actively losing weight so I'm not going to resize it, it is tight (you can see that clearly in the pictures) but it will be the perfect look once I lose some more and I also don't want to disturb that knife edge.

I plan on just wearing it as is without a band, hey since stacked rings were and still are a thing maybe one ring will be the next one!

Here are some pictures including my current collection, I realized after that I forgot my pink tourmaline band but I still have it!

IMG_7112.JPG IMG_7113.JPG IMG_7114.JPG IMG_7115.JPG IMG_7117.JPG IMG_7120.JPG IMG_7123.JPG IMG_7124.JPG IMG_7125.JPG IMG_7126.JPG

Let me be the first to say that It is stunning.:love::love::love: A sparklebomb! Good choice as usual!
Thanks for the profile and underside shots. I'm always interested in views of those angles.
I hope she is permanently in your jewelry box!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thank you so much, I really wish there was sun today! It's funny because I never think of undergallery shots but the seller had one on her original listing so kind of stole the idea! Yes, she is here to stay! @stracci2000

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wowzers! This is just the dream antique deco ring & those STONES......! :kiss2:

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Alex T, it is certainly my dream Art Deco ring although it took a lot of time and money to get here!

@Luvallgems, thanks so much!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!! I am soo excited for you! How fabulous that the stones are so white and I’m in love with the Marquise side stones! Congrats on your weight loss and I love that you are using the ring as a motivator!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
It's just stunning and with the box head setting it looks bigger than the stats!
What a wonderful happy ending for this ring - I can just imagine it's original owner breathing a sigh of relief from the mists of time. "Thank goodness it went to someone who loves it"

<3

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks fantastic! That's a lot of sparkle and I love it on you! It's intricate, elegant and unique. I'm so glad you're happy with it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @nala its quite an adjustment with the color because my other diamond was an M! This is the first ring I've had with marquise and I like them a lot.

Ah thanks @PreRaphaelite, I would love to know who owned this back in the day, they took very good care of it for sure and yes I love that box setting, it is one of my favorite design elements in vintage jewelry.

@natasha-cupcake, thank you, I am loving the sparkle and the brightness and I guess everything about it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn, what a truly beautiful ring! Just gorgeous and it looks perfect on you, and just fits your style so well. Love the hand presence and finger coverage too!

And I love your collection...all so pretty; such beautiful gemstones...I'm drawn to your rose cut pear, I really love that ring. :love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @junebug17 that is so sweet of you to say. That rose cut was really something to stumble upon, makes me wonder what other great things are in the pawn shops, it's too tempting to even look!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, it's gorgeous! One detail that is so satisfying to me personally is the marquise stones. So rare to find them imo. Good job!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lyra and you're right about the marquise, when I did find rings similar with them they were over double what I paid for this!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is perfect for you! The cut is beautiful.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Austina and @JPie, I've been hoping to get a transitional for a while so very happy to finally have it!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That’s exactly my style! Gorgeous and great choice. Congrats!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @Sunstorm! I am enjoying her very much, Art Deco is definitely my jam!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous @StephanieLynn ! It looks absolutely at home on your hand. It certainly doesn’t need anything else paired with it. Perfect standalone ring that is so very unique and interesting. I understand the ‘journey’ too and your final destination is sublime. Congratulations on finding the ‘you’ ring! :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1, you are too sweet! It's funny because the band thing was really holding me up with this and it turned out to be a non-issue. More social conditioning than anything else since my DH doesn't care, heck he couldn't even tell you what most of my jewelry looks like!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Love the faceting on the center diamond ♥️

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @kgizo, love the transitional cut, well love them all but you know how it goes 8-)

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
It’s absolutely beautiful!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results