shape
carat
color
clarity

thinking about a reset

thirdrock

Shiny_Rock
sapphire 2.jpg yellow sapphire(1).jpg sapphire 1.jpg

I think I might want to reset this yellow sapphire, but I'm not certain. I probably won't be able to wear in with my wedding ring. I don't think I have enough room for that. I'd welcome any suggestions.

Attachments

• yellow sapphire(2).jpg
    yellow sapphire(2).jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 130
  • yellow sapphire(2).jpg
    yellow sapphire(2).jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 102

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'd resize the ring, if needed, for my index finger. Most people can wear rings quite comfortable on the ring and index fingers of the left hand. I think the yellow sapphire is beautiful in its existing setting and would rather wear it on a different finger with the wedding ring than spend an enormous amount of money getting a custom setting that works with your wedding ring. Wearing them on separate fingers gives a sense of more balance.

thirdrock

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the idea voce. yellow sapphire index finger.jpg I might consider that. Although, I do worry that I’d be more likely to damage it if I wore it on my index finger. Also, I was told by a jeweler that if I sized the ring the diamonds would be more likely to pop out. The ring is to large for my ring finger (I have a silicone guard wrapped around it). And as you can see by the photo, it’s too small for my index finger. I’m not sure how much of an issue it would really be to size it though. The setting is platinum.

If I did change the setting, it wouldn’t be to wear with my wedding ring because I don’t have enough room for that. It would be an alternative wedding ring.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My bestie managed to resize her engagement ring that had a channel set band without any dramas (well I got it done for her after a lot of yelling for defying me and buying the ring too small in the first place).

I think if the jeweller is good and knows what they're doing they can make it work. I loooove rings on index fingers. I find that finger is more coordinated so you're less likely to bang it. I'll post a pic for you later today of me wearing an index ring.

thirdrock

Shiny_Rock
Thanks mellowyellowgirl!

thirdrock

Shiny_Rock
What about something like this...or maybe a cushion halo?
RGYEDMRD020MIC_252528_1_Masked.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the idea voce. yellow sapphire index finger.jpg I might consider that. Although, I do worry that I’d be more likely to damage it if I wore it on my index finger. Also, I was told by a jeweler that if I sized the ring the diamonds would be more likely to pop out. The ring is to large for my ring finger (I have a silicone guard wrapped around it). And as you can see by the photo, it’s too small for my index finger. I’m not sure how much of an issue it would really be to size it though. The setting is platinum.

If I did change the setting, it wouldn’t be to wear with my wedding ring because I don’t have enough room for that. It would be an alternative wedding ring.
it only looks a wee bit too small
its such a beautiful colour
i too am a great fan of rings on index fingers

thirdrock

Shiny_Rock
Thank you D&D. It's definitely something to consider.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd halo it too but as stated in my previous posts I'd halo pretty well anything :lol::lol::lol:

thirdrock

Shiny_Rock
I'd halo it too but as stated in my previous posts I'd halo pretty well anything :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the input arkieb1. Do you think a round or cushion halo would look better?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the input arkieb1. Do you think a round or cushion halo would look better?

I think either would look pretty the white contrast will make your stone pop even more in colour!!!

thirdrock

Shiny_Rock
I think either would look pretty the white contrast will make your stone pop even more in colour!!!

I was thinking the halo would make the color pop more too. I guess I’ll have to look at different settings to get some ideas.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Thirdrock as promised here is what a yellow stone looks like on the index finger. My fingers shrank so I've been doing this a lot lately. Band on ring finger and ring on index finger.

20190706_142953.jpg

thirdrock

Shiny_Rock
Hi Thirdrock as promised here is what a yellow stone looks like on the index finger. My fingers shrank so I've been doing this a lot lately. Band on ring finger and ring on index finger.

20190706_142953.jpg

Very pretty! I love your ring. I do think an oval shape probably looks better than a round on an index finger.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to say I think your sapphire looks so pretty!

thirdrock

Shiny_Rock
I’ve only worn this ring a couple of times, yet I somehow managed to lose a diamond out of it. I think it’s a sign that I should go ahead and reset the sapphire. I’m thinking…a round or cushion halo. Possibly with a double band. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Halo that baby! Cushion is my vote!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results