shape
carat
color
clarity

Think I’m going with a bezel and halo

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I got an email about the shank….whether we are adding milgrain and if I want a high polish or satin finish. Squeeeeee! I am so anxious to see it!

Hopefully not much longer!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Today I got an email about the shank….whether we are adding milgrain and if I want a high polish or satin finish. Squeeeeee! I am so anxious to see it!

Hopefully not much longer!

Any more updates?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
This is what I came up with after deciding a larger cluster with airlines was going to be too large at 19mm. I mean, is there such a thing? Not sure, but I would hate to get a ring and not wear it.

Decided to look at David’s IG and immediately was drawn to this pendant. The bezel would be yellow with a platinum halo. Also there would be flowers at the north, south, east and west points just like the one you see at the top.

285E1BA8-5446-4C66-AE38-5648ADF1A677.jpeg

I’m not super fussy about the bottom half but I thought this would work:

9284BCFB-32AE-470D-ABDF-5478B03312BD.jpeg

Basically everything except the halo will be yellow gold. I figure this way the diamond has yellow right next to it to enhance the color but has contrast with a white halo. Also the engraving and flowers give it a bit more of a vintage feel. This will be my first bezel set piece, I’m looking forward to having something that I don’t have to worry about a whole bunch of diamonds with....or prongs!

Just waiting on the Cad from David, bless him he has the patience of a saint!

I think it's a great idea because just a bezel is a waste of space that could be covered up with diamonds or gemstones!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Spring Day, absolutely very grateful to be working with David, I’m sure the end result will be worth every minute. I just suck at being patient!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just casually checked my email this morning and was so surprised! He did an amazing job. Now I will say this diamond is rather hard to photograph, it looks peachy but it really is yellow, or at least it did before. It was also in a much lower karat yellow gold though.

I am going to ask him about what looks to be a space in the last picture on the right hand side where the halo attaches.

So excited!!!!!!!

6C24F1A4-61C5-47B6-8727-8F6453EE4794.jpeg
3C1F90A6-77D7-4687-BB54-15316C6DDD0F.jpeg FBA93B7C-D95A-4180-9A37-10B8F7474052.jpeg
DEA1F03F-2BF9-485E-B95A-08108A4EC19D.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's spectacular! (Did I just read your tag line? LOL)
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
I think that "space" is a reflection from the black pebble.
I'm very happy for you!! You won't want to wear any other ring.........

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's spectacular! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
I think that "space" is a reflection from the black pebble.
I'm very happy for you!! You won't want to wear any other ring.........

I really have a problem with distinguishing reflections in pictures it seems! If you remember I thought the original bezel pendant had an airline but someone pointed out it was just a reflection.

In any case, the execution is exact, like if you tell him something he follows it to the letter. Couldn’t be happier. I asked DH what he thought:

“Is the diamond yellow? It’s supposed to be that color? Oh okay, it’s different” :roll2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked DH what he thought:

“Is the diamond yellow? It’s supposed to be that color? Oh okay, it’s different” :roll2:

After all this time, I would have thought you had your man trained by now.
He is supposed to "OOhhh!" and "Ahhhh!" even of he doesn't get it!

Anyway, this is really stunning. I am impressed with the cool carving!
It's even better than diamonds IMO!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, Gotta send him to bling boot camp apparently :lol:
He doesn’t faze me at all, he is a toy guy and I think most of his stuff is ugly so it all evens out.

Part of what really appealed to me about the engraved halo was not having to worry about small diamonds. This is really going to be a tank piece, not that it will get abused but I can comfortably worry less about it.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, Gotta send him to bling boot camp apparently :lol:
He doesn’t faze me at all, he is a toy guy and I think most of his stuff is ugly so it all evens out.

Part of what really appealed to me about the engraved halo was not having to worry about small diamonds. This is really going to be a tank piece, not that it will get abused but I can comfortably worry less about it.

Yes! I think the reason that halos don't appeal to me is all the itty bitty prongs and the possibility of losing stones.
I have a few rings with halos, and I don't wear them much.
This design with the bezel and no accent stones looks really solid and durable. I want one with a sapphire!!!! Waahhh!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the whole thing - but the engraved bezel = :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@YadaYadaYada Your ring came out amazing! He did a beautiful job! I hope you love it!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It’s gorgeous and I love all the engraving!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada, SO excited for you!!! This ring is just beautiful! The engraving is amazing, those little flowers :love: he even angled the halo a little - gah it's perfect!! Can't wait for you to get this!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh!!! I love it!! So much gorgeousness to comment on. The engraved metal halo is scrumptious. I love the airline and the stone looks right at home!! Can’t wait to see it on your hand!! Yay @YadaYadaYada ! So happy for you!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, keep finding that gold you fine at the tag sales and estate sales and you could have yourself a sapphire halo ;-)

Thanks @Rfisher, it is my favorite part! I’m really interested to see how the bezel has enhanced the color of the diamond in person.

@MamaBee, thank you, I do love it! Took a bit to work up the bravery to mail the diamond out but so glad I did!

thanks @Mreader, I really wanted a bezel with a vintage vibe and I think the engraved halo accomplishes that :)

thanks @Cerulean! The original design just had one flower at the top (being a pendant) but I didn’t want to lose the flowers so the solution….more flowers!

Thanks @junebug17, I will be waiting at the window on delivery day, I can’t wait to have it back!

thanks @Slick1, your bezel rings really made me come around so thank you for that as well as being a bling ear when I needed one! I’m glad I went with the airline, a little extra diameter is always good!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!! It looks spectacular! I absolutely love it. :kiss2: Can't wait to see how it looks on you.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need a breakfast date so we can catch up on all the bling. I’ll drive you around in my new wheels ;-)

When when when? :lol: I want to see it in person too!! I’m not that far... :wavey:

I’m so happy you had the courage to send it out and the confidence to use dk. I’m never unhappy when I use him!! I’m always excited to help out a bling friend and am especially glad you decided to go for the bezel! You’ll see how easy they are to wear!! No snagging or worrying. And the coverage.... :dance: This will be your workhorse beauty!
Can’t wait to see hand shots.
PS phooey to the husbands who Just. Don’t. Get. It. :doh:

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Isn’t it great when you get those emails? It looks lovely and I can’t wait to see your photos when you have it on your hand!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1, I’ll give the husband a pass because outside of choosing a wife, his taste varies ;-)

Of course you can come too! Mind you @natasha-cupcake and I have been talking about coffee since our last get together which was last year!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jax172, I was greatly surprised, I’m on the east coast so with the time difference sometimes I don’t see emails until the next day. This time next Saturday I hope to be sporting my new ring while drinking coffee. Can’t wait!

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
I just casually checked my email this morning and was so surprised! He did an amazing job. Now I will say this diamond is rather hard to photograph, it looks peachy but it really is yellow, or at least it did before. It was also in a much lower karat yellow gold though.

I am going to ask him about what looks to be a space in the last picture on the right hand side where the halo attaches.

So excited!!!!!!!

6C24F1A4-61C5-47B6-8727-8F6453EE4794.jpeg
3C1F90A6-77D7-4687-BB54-15316C6DDD0F.jpeg FBA93B7C-D95A-4180-9A37-10B8F7474052.jpeg
DEA1F03F-2BF9-485E-B95A-08108A4EC19D.jpeg

Don't worry. We understand… Any fancy colored diamond that is on the warm spectrum, e.g., yellow, orange, etc., will almost always look at least a little brown in pictures. It's just the nature of the stone, but it still looks absolutely perfect, especially with the 2 tone setting! :love::love::love::love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results